My first ever animation!!

Swiblet

Reaction score
=< Okay, I'm not happy with this, but it's the first time ever opening up Flash and I thought it would be nice to show off my first animation. Wooohooo. I hope you don't hate it as much as I do ^^

Yes, I put a stop code at the end. Give me credit for that. No, it does not have a play button - I'm too noobish for that.

http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs24/f/2007/338/2/f/BOMB_by_swiblet.swf

Please help me learn how to make a play button? Thank you! T_T

~~B3N

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
lol, that is pretty good man.
I gave up on flash when I left school (couldn't afford the software).

My animation skills go as far as *.gif's (my avatar and a few others you might see around).

But keep at it, I am sure you will be ontrack in no time.

Swiblet

Reaction score
=) Thanks! I had been drawing traditionally for too long....so I decided to get into Photoshop. I got used to Photoshop....and now I'm going to hit Flash xD After Flash, I don't know where the hell I'm going to go =<

But thanks! =D I can't afford the software either.

~~B3N

cottdawggz

Reaction score
dude u should try 3dsm that **** confuziling. trust me if you enjoy makin stuff and animating you should try making 3d animations. great fun :p but once you get hang of it and downloaded a million sample files and tutorials its great. so many posiblities

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Not Bad, for your first animation. Though I have the flash software, I know the basics, I don't get to do anything with it. I am trying to learn some advanced techniques with it.

DarkDragonLord

Reaction score
Please help me learn how to make a play button? Thank you! T_T
~~B3N

in first frame, add this
stop();

then create a image, press F8 (if im not wrong) and transform it into a button type. 2 clicks and you go inside it, press f6 to fill the hold/press/area things.

then, go back to stage.

there, click in the button and put
onPress {
play(2);
}

while the 2 in the play will be the start frame of the animation.

i THINK thats it, since ActionScript3 was released, everything i knew dont work anymore :S

Swiblet

Reaction score
You know, you're right. I went through hell trying to do that. What's weird is...every time I try to add actionscript to a button, the acrionscript window says that no Actionscript types are available for that selection D:

~~B3N

VPmase

Reaction score
>>i THINK thats it, since ActionScript3 was released, everything i knew dont work anymore :S

Not neccesarily, AS2 is still used. I use it all the time while I still want/need to learn AS3.
And you were right for the most part except its _root.play(); not play(2);. You were thinking of _root.gotoAndPlay(2);

Last edited:

Swiblet

Reaction score
=( Aww, I'm confused now. Should I use the .root or gotoAndPlay?

~~B3N