My Laptop xD

VPmase

Reaction score
I just got my new laptop two days ago and I love it!!! xD

Here are the specs:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- HP Pavilion tx2500z Entertainment NB
- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
- AMD Turion(TM) X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-70 (2.0GHz)
- 12.1" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) w/Integrated Touch-screen
- FREE Upgrade to 3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
- ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics
- FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive from 160GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive!!
- HP Imprint Finish (Echo) + Microphone + Webcam + Fingerprint Reader
- Wireless-G Card with Bluetooth
- SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
- 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
- Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
- HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

And that only cost me $1000 xD
Now all I need to do is put Windows XP Pro SP3 on it and get all my programs that I need (Dreamweaver, Flash, FF3, ETC) and live happily ever after :p
[/FONT]

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Sorry to burst your bubble but some particular models of HP Pavilion laptops with AMD processors occassionally have their WiFi port on their mobo fry (google about it, happened to my friend's HP; took 3 weeks to fix @ HP)

Also you might want to make sure drivers are available for all the hardware for SP3. My mother uses an HP Pavilion laptop and there are only Vista drivers for its major components.. but with enough tweaking I managed to get her laptop to boot in 30 seconds (and that's on a 1.6 GHz C2D and 1 GB RAM)

Scott

Reaction score
I bought a new SlimLine about a month and a half ago...

I love the computer overall, but the only problem I have is finding the 32 bit drivers, I can't install server 08 because the vista 32 bit drivers won't work :(

Last edited:

scottnj

Reaction score
I just got my new laptop two days ago and I love it!!! xD

Here are the specs:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]- HP Pavilion tx2500z Entertainment NB
- Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

And that only cost me $1000 xD
Now all I need to do is put Windows XP Pro SP3 on it and get all my programs that I need (Dreamweaver, Flash, FF3, ETC) and live happily ever after :p
[/FONT]
Thats exactly what I would do, lol. But yeah, make sure you can get those drivers first, so you don't get stuck with a 1000 dollar external mouse, keyboard, screen, and wireless card because you couldn't find the drivers.... that would suck

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Not a bad laptop. Hope you enjoy it and hope your Wi-Fi card doesn't get baked.

kirtik

Reaction score
I got a Zepto laptop on tuesday. Good value, though it did take a looooooong time to arrive.

Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 (2x 2.3Ghz)
4.0 Gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT (512Mb)
300Gb HD
1280x800 Res Screen
DVD+-RW
Intel WiFi Link 5300 BGN

for £650 =D

(+£60 for Vista Ultimate)

Last edited:

kkenny

Reaction score
It's not a bad laptop, like the others said. I also heard about the Wi-Fi and Battery somewhat don't work all to well as many people would like them to. (The battery/ or what not overheats a little foo fast, but that's from only one person that I have heard that story from)

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
Awesome laptop! My advice is to try out Vista and see how you like it. It's actually better than people think.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Awesome laptop! My advice is to try out Vista and see how you like it. It's actually better than people think.

Couldn't agree any more. I've been using Vista since it first came out basically, and it's come a long way since RC3. Besides, it's quick and certainly does make good use of good hardware. Also, I've seen it run on 2-4 year old laptops so it's not that much of a resource hog.