my new sig

Chris Z

Reaction score
hey people just wondering what you think of my sig, please rate it and it says forum admin because i help a lot of people with their forums but obviously i'm not an admin on this one :D

Last edited:

Chris Z

Reaction score
THANKS MAN! any more suggestions? lol i'm sure i'll get some 0/10's or something lol

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
No I don`t have any suggestions I think it`s great. The Windows logo and the glass effect are nice.

_TM1.0

Reaction score
you should lessen the glow on everything. it kinda clashes with the glossy effects. try making the logo and text glossy too. its a start ;)

Chris Z

Reaction score
thanks alot Erik! i think this is the first time i've made a thread abuot rating my sig and i didn't know i was that good so thank you for all your support everybody :D

Equiflux

Reaction score
Erm... 4.7/10, the outer glow and drop shadow in this case makes it somewhat nooby. The drop Shadow is too strong/bold. It's clean but the text also looks dumb. The outer glow on it is okay, but the bevel and drop shadow do not complement the glow. the inner shadow on the XP logo is okay, actually it fits. The grey gloss doesn't look so good. use a white gradient fading into transparency. Then adjust its opacity, or maybe set it to soft light and see how it looks.

Chris Z

Reaction score
alright equiflux, i changed the glossy look a bit, it's now not off white, i think i made it about 85% opacity so it's no white to transparent, i didn't understand which elements you were talking abuot for all the other crap you said

and i don't understand what defines "noobish" as i have been doing graphics for a while and i've never heard anyone call my graphics "noobish"

Last edited:

azntechguy

Reaction score
9 out of 10. I'm kinda curious about the top part of the sig. What's up with that ellipsoid? I think it's supposed to be an angular glow, but for some reason, it doesn't look that great.

Chris Z

Reaction score
hahah i have no idea what you're talking about..can you go into detail a bit?

azntechguy

Reaction score
Sure, at the upper portion of your sig, there's like a whitish ellipsoid/halo right? The one that covers a part of the windows logo, a small part of your name and small part of Forum Admin.

I'm just saying that it somehow doesn't look right.

Chris Z

Reaction score
oh ok haha well sorry, that's just my style, i like to make things look glassy :D

Equiflux

Reaction score
You may have been doing graphics design for a while, but I bet that doesn't top my practice of using photoshop for like 4 hours a day for the past 2 years. Anyways, the gloss still sorta looks dumb, just like Azn Tech guy said, you can't really tell that it's gloss from an untrained eye because,

(1. The top of the gloss shouldn't be so "Hard" I mean think about it if you look at a lot of stuff in real life, like a glass table in an office building, for the most part, the gloss and reflections aren't that "hard"

(2. The gloss isn't fading into Transparency as much as it should be. Try using the gradient tool if you aren't already.

And in my last post, I mean the outer glow and drop shadow on the border/body of your sig looked dumb, you should only use one at a time, either drop shadow only or outer glow only. Also on the text, the bevel+drop shadow+outer glow sorta all "conflicts" with eachother.

If you need a little more understanding with my way of using gloss, check out this tutorial:
http://s15.invisionfree.com/EquifluxFX/index.php?showtopic=20

Chris Z

Reaction score
ok...so maybe you've had a little more time at the desk than i have but anyway, i'm trying to follow your guidelines and i'm wondering if i should make the background maybe a little transparent, what would your opinion be on this, and i'm not sure what you mean by "hard", maybe you were meaning to say "strong" but i'm not quite sure

Equiflux

Reaction score
Well, I don't really see why you would want to make the background transparent, seeing that IE doesn't support True Transparency. You know how the IE noobs get. Anyways, when I said hard, I mean't it's a little TOO visible.

Chris Z

Reaction score
oh ok, gotcha well i guess i'll work on that a bit and i was thinking about making the flag just silver or have a gradient overlay of black to white or w/e it is

N2PGames

Reaction score
i give it a 8.9 / 10 .... its really good but i dis-like the font...