My new website layout

Xenon Design

Reaction score
There is a book I hired from my Library that has THE LOT about CSS designs using DIVs and killing all tables. Its called: HTML Utopia: Designing Without Tables Using CSS, 2nd Edition by Sitepoint.com

You can see the book here -> http://www.sitepoint.com/books/css2/

Check out your local library for it...if its not there then buy it. It goes through how to make a fully CSS and DIV layout and is really simple. It has download-able sample files so u can cheat a little :p

As for the UL, LI tabbed nav...I just Googled it.

So check out the book and some Google found tutorials and you can be as good as me :p Its not hard ;)

If any1 else has any questions as to where I learn stuff just ask and ill help out :)

Thanks for all the awesome reviews ^^ I would like to point out some sites for inspiration to designing effective (heres that word again) Web 2.0 websites...

www.webcreme.com
www.cssbeauty.com

and an article explainign Web 2.0...
http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com/web-2.0-design-style-guide.cfm

View the showcased sites on there and start to mash ideas together. The web 2.0 article will get you going. The only way to be good at design is with inspiration and practice!

yahia

Reaction score
It's not that easy to design table-less layouts...
But it's worth it !!

I would like to know how did you make those two columns: by floats or absolute positionning or what ?

And if you did this design from scratch, I mean no template use, and it's your color mix, then it's absolutely great ;D

Xenon Design

Reaction score
No templates at all!! The colours I mixed with the help of the online ColorSchemer.com [Edit: Sorry my AU spelling of Colour was meant to be US Color for the URL]

To make my first fully table less site took me about 3 hours and from there I just remembered the whole lot. That book I am going to buy because it has more CSS stuff in it....like a entire CSS function reference in the back.

Last edited:

Xenon Design

Reaction score
You use floats but sometimes you need to use both to help the floats out. But you'll mainly be using float to position elements to the left or right.

speakout

Reaction score
i think you did a good job both with the colors and with the layout, so ill give it a 9/10