my text wont select-help!

rickle42

Reaction score
I have a problem with my site. You can not select text for copy and paste purposes. I tried looking it up on google for half an hour so now im posting.
I read something about css makeing it not selectable, but I dont believe that. I want the words to be selectable just like in any other website software Ive seen. It should be selectable I dont get it.???
Here is site that wont let you select very well:
http://santaclaus25.com/
thanks

Synkc

Reaction score
I just viewed your site and it seems to be working for me. Have you tried pressing "Ctrl + A" and see if anything is highlighted? If not, what browser are you using?

rickle42

Reaction score
IE, but thank you I tried in firefox and it works there. Any idea how to get it working in IE?

Synkc

Reaction score
I just checked with IE7, and I can still highlight content. Perhaps you have javascript/something disabled in your IE options.

rickle42

Reaction score
I am running IE6. Maybe that is the culprit....I'll try to update it now. But still wierd IE6 didnt work. I definitly dont have js disabled, I will check other settings

thx
Edit:
I have been avoiding service pack 2 since it crashed my computer years ago. But I need it to get IE7, so I'm getting SP2 and IE7 and that will prolly do it. But glad to hear it works fine other than my laptop, thats the important thing. Judging by what happened last time I installed SP2 this may be the last time I am heard from for a while...hehe

Last edited: