mysql access denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

ufclan

Reaction score
I keep getting access denied to user whenever i try to use mysql. Even with a password i get this error.

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Is this part of a script? If so, please check you have used "localhost" as your mysql server, and the name is the one you setup when making the database. also note, if you entered in the textbox "db1" thats not the full name of the database, it prepends it with your username.

ufclan

Reaction score
I have some knowledge of php and mysql and yes all information entered is correct, I get this error for all scripts that use mysql.

bugfinder

Retired
Reaction score
Also make sure you arent using your cpanel username and password - can you see databases in the mysql tools provided by cpanel?

Pinkyy

Reaction score
<?
$username = "username";
$password = "password";
$hostname = "localhost";
$dbh = mysql_connect($hostname, $username, $password)
or die("Unable to connect to MySQL");
$selected = mysql_select_db("Databasename(should be ur username_dbname=",$dbh)
or die("Could not select database");
And rest i hope u know what to do ;)

ufclan

Reaction score
Yeah...Everyhting i enter is correct.I can see the database It' says access denied if i m using password , and 500 inter server error if i m trying to install into database.
another thing, if i have mod_rewrite in my .htaccess i get error. when i remove it then it works.

Edit , now the page for the install open but even when i enter the corect mysql connection details i get could not connect to mysql.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.