Mysql Bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomcenc

Reaction score
I've noticed that for some reason, my Bandwidth usage has gone very high in 2 days (since the mysql server move), do mysql packets add to bandwidth too now? I have a database of 250MB and parts of it get updated each 5 minutes (12 servers, each server gets updated once an hour). At this rate I would have a bandwidth usage of 200GB a month without any visitors lol. I've temporarily changed the update interval to be less frequent (once each 50 minutes).

Is there a possibility to exclude mysql packets as bandwidth? Since it's (probably) send over a LAN connection you don't have to "pay" for it either (well electricity and wire maintenance, but apart from that).

Edit: I assume it's the above change that causes this, another possibility would be download bandwidth, as the data used to update mysql is downloaded by the server from an online game, but I don't know why it suddenly starts to count as bandwidth and didn't before this change (either way I deserve to have it counted to my bandwidth, since downloading is bandwidth too).

Edit 2: I'm on Absolut

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.