MySQL Offline and Website Offline

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlodge

Reaction score
For the last couple of days I have been getting this error message when attempting to access my website:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /home/rlodge/public_html/framework/class.database.php on line 61
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111

I checked the config.php for my website and here is what I have for the database:

define('DB_HOST', 'localhost.x10hosting.com');

I have the same thing for my forum and neither that nor my chat application are able to connect to the database either.

I went to my cPanel and saw that MySQL was offline (in another thread an account manager said that was because of a firewall).

I looked in the server alerts and only saw a reboot message for Absolut (the server I am hosted on) so is there a problem with MySQL on Absolut or is there a message I missed telling me to change settings on my site?

Thank You

I also noticed on my account management panel that the server shows in the red for a server load of 12.25.

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
DB_HOST should be 'localhost', and not 'localhost.x10hosting.com'.
MySQL is not actually offline. MySQL blocks external connections, so the status script shows MySQL as offline.

rlodge

Reaction score
Thank you very much. Those settings have been like that for quite a while and everything worked. I don't know what changed but changing the db to "localhost" fixed it all.

Thanks for the quick response.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.