need help badly

r0gUe

Reaction score
erm guys i need help badly cuz i registerd account here and i wanna transfer all my data from the previous host i was using to this one, and i wonder if i copy everything on my pc and then upload it to this website is all my data from my forums gonna get lost(i'm gonna copy the forums aswell) but is it gonna need to be reinstalled or something ?

TryForce

Reaction score
in my opinion: yes, you will have to reinstall the whole forum... because the mysql is others then ur old host (link host is others then x10 host ya know) and also the mysql save the whole regestration as i remember.

chaganlal1

Reaction score
You can use your sql on the forums by loading it and install your forums.

-Daniel

Reaction score
Make a backup of your site and databases from your previous host and then upload them to here through cpanel. After that you'll have to recreate the mysql users. (some instances of your code such as urls may need to be changed)

r0gUe

Reaction score
the site dosnt need no changes but i dont get how to do the forums
cuz i wanna save my skin and everything on it all data

-Daniel

Reaction score
Well, I'm going to assume that you have cpanel...
1. Login to your other host's cpanel
2. Go to Backup
3. A list of your databases should be under 'Download a MySQL Database Backup'. Click on each of your database names to download the backup of them.
4. Under 'Full Backups' click Download a home directory Backup. That will download a backup of all the files and everything on your site.

-note-Restoring a backup does not delete the files that were on the site before so if you have any files or anything that you don't want on your site than delete them through ftp

5. Once everything was downloaded, login to x10hosting's cpanel
6. Open the Backup page in multiple windows (the page that you're on in step 3 and such) so that you can upload backups of different things at the same time.
7. In one window, under 'Restore a Home Backup' click browse and select the backup that you made by clicking 'Download a home directory Backup' in step 4. Then click upload.
8. In all your other windows, upload all of your databases (only upload a database once) by clicking on browse under 'Restore a MySQL Database' and than finding the database you wish to upload and then clicking upload. Do this for every database you wish to restore.
9. Next you would have to assign the mysql users which is simple enough but you would have to know the username and password of your previous mysql users. (If you know them and you've done all this and it's worked so far then let me know)

-note- Your forums will not work because you do not have mysql users assigned to your databases. If you do not know how to find out the username and passwords of your mysql users than please post what type of forum you use (phpbb, vBulletin, etc..) and I'll be able to tell you what to do.

r0gUe

Reaction score
tnx for the backup info but i already read it in one of the other treads but ur one is slightly more detailed tnx :innocent:

-Daniel

Reaction score
Because I do not have IPB I cannot really tell you where that information (mysql username and password) is located but I would imagine that it's in some configuration file (ex:config.php) in your forum's directory. Like in phpbb, it should list

dbms = 'mysql';

dbhost = '******';
dbname = '*********';
dbuser = '*********';
dbpasswd = '**********';

Or something similar to that. (I'm not even sure about that but because I never used IPB I'm just taking a guess...Someone else might be able to tell you where that configuration information is located...)

Once you've aquired that information;
1. Login to your new site's cpanel
2. Go to 'Manage Mysql'
3. Under
'Users:' enter the username and password that you saw in the configuration file.
4. Click add user
5. Under 'Databases', where it says 'User:' and then there's a drop down menu, select the new mysql user that you just made.
6. Under 'Databases', where it says 'Db:' and then there's a drop down menu, select the database of your forum.
7. Click 'Add User to Db'

And that should do it. ; )

r0gUe

Reaction score
it keeps on saying this error when i try to upload it

Code:
      [b]SQL-query:[/b] 

-- phpMyAdmin SQL Dump
-- version 2.6.1-pl2
-- http://www.phpmyadmin.net
-- 
-- Host: localhost
-- Generation Time: Jun 29, 2005 at 06:11 PM
-- Server version: 4.1.11
-- PHP Version: 4.3.11
-- 
-- Database: `r0gue_ivbd1`
-- 
-- --------------------------------------------------------
-- 
-- Table structure for table `ibf_admin_logs`
-- 
 CREATE  TABLE  `ibf_admin_logs` ( `id` bigint( 20  )  NOT  NULL  AUTO_INCREMENT ,
 `act` varchar( 255  ) default NULL ,
 `code` varchar( 255  ) default NULL ,
 `member_id` int( 10  ) default NULL ,
 `ctime` int( 10  ) default NULL ,
 `note` text,
 `ip_address` varchar( 255  ) default NULL ,
 PRIMARY  KEY (  `id`  ) 
) ENGINE  =  MYISAM DEFAULT CHARSET  = latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT  =52

Code:
      [b]MySQL said: [/b][url="http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Error-returns.html"][img]http://r0gue.x10hosting.com:2082/3rdparty/phpMyAdmin/themes/original/img/b_help.png[/img][/url] 

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=52' at line 28

-Daniel

Reaction score
I don't think you're uploading your database the way that I mentioned before. I believe that you're trying to do it with phpmyadmin. Why not try to reinstall your forum by following the instructions that I posted before? (it's easier and faster than creating every table manually...much faster)

Neuromancer

Reaction score
CAnt help with your backup problem but something on this page in your quote is causing the page to load up wit ha log into r0gue.x10hosting.com prompt...