Need help in programming with vb6

lordskid

Reaction score
Hi, I am designing a small software to allow me to hibernate my office laptop from my home computer. and to hide certain files and folders from prying eyes that could lead me to lose my job. As I only have access to vb6 I want to do a program in vb6...

The thing is I want to handle http post protocol so that I can use any old browser that can handle html forms. But I cannot seem to get it to retrieve the password data using post method. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

supajason

Reaction score
i done some vb6 a couple of years ago i might be able to help you out, i will play around and let you know later.

EDIT:

ok some i have found a few things but can you make it clearer on what you really want?

So from what i can see is:

You want a VB6 program to be running on office laptop that will hide "things" on your desktop and be able to handle a HTTP request to hibernate the laptop?

example:

www.blahblahblah.com (laptop)
|Hibernate : |___GO!____| |
|_________________________ |

or am i talking rubbish?

Last edited:

sybregunne

Reaction score
i done some vb6 a couple of years ago i might be able to help you out, i will play around and let you know later.

EDIT:

ok some i have found a few things but can you make it clearer on what you really want?

So from what i can see is:

You want a VB6 program to be running on office laptop that will hide "things" on your desktop and be able to handle a HTTP request to hibernate the laptop?

example:

www.blahblahblah.com (laptop)
|Hibernate : |___GO!____| |
|_________________________ |

or am i talking rubbish?

I think that is his point.
Edit:
Hi, I am designing a small software to allow me to hibernate my office laptop from my home computer. and to hide certain files and folders from prying eyes that could lead me to lose my job. As I only have access to vb6 I want to do a program in vb6...

The thing is I want to handle http post protocol so that I can use any old browser that can handle html forms. But I cannot seem to get it to retrieve the password data using post method. Does anyone have any ideas on this?

There are many things for you to consider like how to bypass your firewall... otherwise your laptop would be prone to hacker attacks. :)
Edit:
Why don't you use HTTP/GET Protocol instead I think it would be easier. :)

Last edited: