Need some feedback on my SMF Board

legendphil

Reaction score
hao!

howbout a new template aside from the default one? plus you need to have a target bunch of people (gamers, dating people, etc...). Show and Tell your site to your friends. .. ..

dashaman

Reaction score
yea but then if i find a new template it kills the mods i just added o_o so i dunno how to fix that

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
You can add them in yourself there are tutorials in the readmes.

dyfuse

Reaction score
Yeah, the new template isn't too bad...

You might also want to rectify the problem with the missing images in the TinyPortal Stats Block on the left. Just copy all the images from your TinyPortal installation to the folder of the theme that you are using. You should find all the images inside your TinyPortal zip installation file in "Themes/default/images". :)

tam-iam

Reaction score
That's a big improvement with the new theme. I would recommend decreasing the number of boards until your forum gets more active. Having fewer boards will make your forum seem more active. In the mean time, keep posting yourself, so people will have something to read when they get there.

dashaman

Reaction score
thanks i'l keep that in mind. I've been doing that for the past week lol. If only i could get a few active members =P.

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Nice theme, Very few members for so many boards. Try marketing your site :)

tam-iam

Reaction score
Have you been to the SMF forums? The Building Your Community board has a lot of good info on how to build a community. There are also some SMF directories you can submit to like Simple Machines Forum Directory (not affiliated w/ SMF).

You may also want to try doing post exchanges with other new webmasters in your niche. It's a way of building up your content in the beginning without having to talk to yourself.

Good luck!