New site!

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
I don't like the images next to the navigation elements, and I would make them smaller.

Dan

Reaction score
When I first go on, it looks like it was made by someone in Paint.
Get a better layout, better header, better everything.
And as the guy above says, make the navigation images a little smaller ;)

Sorry for being harsh, but thats what I think of it.
Take a look at http://www.vineyardchurch.org/ - that's a good layout for a church :)

JuniorD

Reaction score
go for a smaller text on the logo. maybe also lower the opacity on the gradient for the logo.
Edit:
make the logo's text smaller, and perhaps make the gradient a bit lower in opacity.

Last edited:

xmakina

Reaction score
So I go to the youth group whos who and I see this:
test.gif

My eyes bled a little.

Also, be aware some people will not be happy with having their information on the internet, make sure you get written permission from everyone first.

goldy300

Reaction score
The text in the header looks as though you haven't use anti - aliasing to smooth out the edges... looks rough and pixely.

For the header as a whole, you could probably do something more to reflect the theme of the church, perhaps images from the church, reflect the friendly atmosphere, people smiling... something more than just the pixely text.

Like everyone is saying... and which I'm sure you have completely got by now... the images in the nav have to be reduced in size so that they are in proportion to the size of the button.

It's all cut and dry. You should use some design techniques to draw the users eyes in and around the page. For a church site, I'd thought I'd at least see a cross or something.

Just some things to think about.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I am using a free template, which they chose. I am not paid, Iam doing this voluntarily, and I am no good at templates, so I can't really do much better.

I haven't finished the logo yet. I know, it looks terrible.

I'm not quite sure what has happened to Thumbs.db, I don't know what encryption it uses. I can't edit the image sizes :(

"Home" is linked to http://www.saintpeterswellesbourne.com/index.php in the home page.

But its linked to http://www.saintpeterswellesbourne.com/forum/index.php in "FAQ" page.
Is that intentional ??

I am using PhpBB for the FAQ, so it would be too complicated to change that link. As I said, I am not paid.

So I go to the youth group whos who and I see this:
test.gif

My eyes bled a little.

Also, be aware some people will not be happy with having their information on the internet, make sure you get written permission from everyone first.

There is no content, I just put "test" the wrong way up.
They're putting their own info up.

I think I'm going to get a cross as the favicon (and maybe in the logo) There will also be a photo of the church (with possibly the vicor standing in front of it) in the welcome section of the main page. She is very smiley, so it would be more welcoming.

Thanks for your help though :D

~Callum

Haavdwee

Reaction score
Sorry but.. it looks awful, like the guy ^ me I also thought that somebody made it in paint

4,5/10

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
I am using PhpBB for the FAQ, so it would be too complicated to change that link. As I said, I am not paid.
In includes/page_header.php, you can probably find something similar to
Code:
'U_INDEX' => append_sid('index.'.$phpEx)
Changing it to ('../index.'.$phpEx) should do the trick I think. That is if you have phpBB 2.x, otherwise I don't know if they do it the same in version 3.

Feel free to PM me the content of your page_header.php file if you want and I'll have a look.

Last edited:

xmakina

Reaction score
Your mistake has been asking people to review your site with the only thing to be aware of is bugs. You've just told us that you have no content, only the free template and you've not even finished your logo.

Perhaps you should consider closing this topic until the site is actually finished and ready to be more than bug tested?

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I am using PhpBB 3.0.0.2

Okay.

Thanks for your help though,
~Callum

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score