New Support Help Desk

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The ONLY official method of support for free hosting clients is now the help desk located at http://support.x10hosting.com (Use your FORUM user\pass to login).

The forums, IRC, and Email are NOT official ways to get support. Feel free to use them if you do not want to wait for a ticket to be answered though.

You will now see two links at the top of the forums, one will bring you to the help desk the other will bring you to the community support section. Starting tomorrow normal users will once again be able to post in the help section so they may help each other. This section will also be upped in the amount of credits you get for helping out.

All the support links will be updated in the next 24 hours.

On a side note we will be launching the new website creator tomorrow. From some small tests I think a lot of people that are starting out will be happy with it.

-Corey

digitaljit

Reaction score
The new support system is great....

i question...does this mean we do not have to loginto th forums regularly to keep our free accounts from being suspended or that rule is still on?

Thanks.
digitalj

T

themasterrocker

Yeah the support desk looks awesome, can't wait for the new site ;)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Cool. Hope to check out these changes once they're all done Corey.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
You'll still need to login to the x10Hosting forums at least once every two weeks as fair as I'm aware - this change only affects getting support and nothing else.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't think we will do live support.

We tried it once before and I don't think any staff member including myself lasted more then an hour :)

vol7ron

Reaction score
First, let me say that I'm going to go paid as soon as the majority of the errors are ironed out. Server transitions cause a lot of headache and problems for both the users and the host, which is understandable. Right now there are just a lot of users that demand help, but I'm sure it'll be good again soon.

So my guess is that in a month or less, I'll be going paid. The other question I have is regarding PostgreSQL, which I can't wait to use. Any ideas on when it'll be up and running? Thanks.

Additionally, as you have it right now, users with free accounts cannot message other users in the help forum, but users with paid accounts can?
If that's true, shouldn't it be the other way around? That way the techs can focus on getting paid user problems solved real quick.

Dan

Reaction score
Looking great Corey!
Hopefully this will mean quicker and more efficent support for all users!!!!

lazermon

Reaction score
Would I be right in assuming that the new support system has been inundated with support requests, what with it being a new system and all?

Out of interest, how long will it take to clear the backlog of support requests? I only ask as I posted a support request about 4 days ago and would like to know how long the wait is expected to be - so I can let the users of my site know how long it'll be until their site is back online again...

On a positive note, I really like how the support system looks, and it is very easy and simple to use, which is great! Thanks guys for another excellent feature! :)

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We have a few hundred requests from the server move. Our main priority right now is getting the new site \ features out. Most of our admins are working on this. Once we get all the new features out we will focus on support.

-Corey

SPnet

Reaction score
Could somone have a look at ticket FHE-850397 cause it seems that PHP is "broken" (wich is NOT a PHP script issue!).

I applied 5 days ago for advanded PHP (PHPv2), a day later it got aproved and everything woked fine for a day. Then my account got obviously reseted to the very strict default PHP (PHPv1) and my Drupal & SMF stoped working correctly, but my x10 panel still shows that i have PHPv2 (Screenshots attached at the Ticket)!

Mostly Sessions fail & GD libary isn´t available anymore!

I´m waiting 3 days now for a reply! I can understand that you give your updates a larger priority, but it´s also bugin to have a lack of support in obviously not a "I have a problem wich is solved in FAQ or Knowlegebase but i´ve didn´t readed it and opened a ticket to queue real support questions" case.

Account is spcnet

Thanks

Last edited:

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Support is backed up because we are focusing on fixing some major issues with a cPanel update and our new site. Once everything is sorted out support wait times will drastically decrease.

GTKILLA

Reaction score
No one answered my ticket too and its been like 3 or 4 days... o.o