New Website not working.

raymond.janine

Reaction score
Please see attached file. Just created an account and I cannot access it.

Looking forward! :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 5.55.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 5.55.54 PM.png
    201.4 KB · Views: 4

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There was a discovery of a DNS issue that mainly affects new accounts (but also anyone changing/adding domains in their account).

This issue basically leads to the domains never being made public and are there for not able to resolve to the correct IP (think of DNS as a huge phonebook, where domain is the listed name and the IP is the phone number, if this fails the number is never known to the one searching, in your case the browser).

raymond.janine

Reaction score
There was a discovery of a DNS issue that mainly affects new accounts (but also anyone changing/adding domains in their account).

This issue basically leads to the domains never being made public and are there for not able to resolve to the correct IP (think of DNS as a huge phonebook, where domain is the listed name and the IP is the phone number, if this fails the number is never known to the one searching, in your case the browser).

I have tried all browsers (Macbook, Dell Laptop, Android Phone, IOS phone) Also, different internet connections - ISP/Data etc.

What other problems can we identify. :)

raymond.janine

Reaction score

Also tried now to access x10hosting login. Kindly see attached file as reference to the error.

Looking forward to your usual support and expertise!

Regards...

Attachments

• rj report.png
    rj report.png
    79.9 KB · Views: 4

raymond.janine

Reaction score

Hi also, Safari Browser does not load website. Why is it so? Is it because of SSL? How can I activate SSL on x10hosting websites.

Thank you! Keep safe + healthy.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Also tried now to access x10hosting login. Kindly see attached file as reference to the error.

Looking forward to your usual support and expertise!

Regards...
Instead of a screenshot, please paste the code here so we can look it up in the system.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi resolved this by clearing cache.. Only x10hosting login.... But my other concerns not yet...

Your site loads fine for me, and I did check that your IP was not in the firewall.

By not loading, what does that mean, any errors, what do you get instead of the site?

I do get a ssl error though which is likely due to not having a proper certificate for the site.
Your server, x11, is a bit tricky on this as it kind of refuses to set the link back into the system, but you should be able to access that setting through this link: https://x11.x10hosting.com:2222/user/ssl/server

What you want to make sure there are no errors due to cert being invalid is create a "Let's Encrypt" certificate. They are free but only allows a set amount to be created per hour so if you get an error stating something about limits please try later.

raymond.janine

Reaction score
Your site loads fine for me, and I did check that your IP was not in the firewall.

By not loading, what does that mean, any errors, what do you get instead of the site?

I do get a ssl error though which is likely due to not having a proper certificate for the site.
Your server, x11, is a bit tricky on this as it kind of refuses to set the link back into the system, but you should be able to access that setting through this link: https://x11.x10hosting.com:2222/user/ssl/server

What you want to make sure there are no errors due to cert being invalid is create a "Let's Encrypt" certificate. They are free but only allows a set amount to be created per hour so if you get an error stating something about limits please try later.

Indeed, it's tricky because other x10hosting has SSL management under Account Manager Tab.

The link you pointed out is not working. It says: Cannot Execute Your Request SSL is not enabled for this domain

Please help!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The you would need to first go under "Account Manager" -> "Domain Setup" and enable it for the domain, it is just a simple checkmark there.

raymond.janine

Reaction score
The you would need to first go under "Account Manager" -> "Domain Setup" and enable it for the domain, it is just a simple checkmark there.

This fix worked for me.

HOWEVER NEW PROBLEM AGAIN:

1. When accessing the website:
Apache is functioning normally

2. Free & automatic certificate from Let's Encrypt:
2021/10/02 00:03:29 [INFO] [raymondandjanine.x10.mx, www.raymondandjanine.x10.mx] acme: Obtaining SAN certificate
2021/10/02 00:03:29 Could not obtain certificates:
acme: error: 429 :: POST :: https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-order :: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited :: Error creating new order :: too many new orders recently: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/, url:
Certificate generation failed.

Please help! I am an x10hosting fan forever :) THANKS!

P.S. Waited 24 hrs for SSL , still same result.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
This fix worked for me.

HOWEVER NEW PROBLEM AGAIN:

1. When accessing the website:
Apache is functioning normally

2. Free & automatic certificate from Let's Encrypt:
2021/10/02 00:03:29 [INFO] [raymondandjanine.x10.mx, www.raymondandjanine.x10.mx] acme: Obtaining SAN certificate
2021/10/02 00:03:29 Could not obtain certificates:
acme: error: 429 :: POST :: https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-order :: urn:ietf:params:acme:error:rateLimited :: Error creating new order :: too many new orders recently: see https://letsencrypt.org/docs/rate-limits/, url:
Certificate generation failed.

Please help! I am an x10hosting fan forever :) THANKS!

P.S. Waited 24 hrs for SSL , still same result.
Let's encrypt does limit the number of certificates that can be created, they reset the limit after 4 hours so basically all you can do is wait and try at a later time if you want to use ssl.

As for the apache functioning normal message, try clearing browser cache, the site works from my end.