No matter what I do I cannot get my home page to update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
No matter what I do I cannot get my home page to update, I have cleared my browser’s history, I have to flush the DNS, I have even gone to another computer and still no change at all.

My website uses .js file that contains images and text that display on my homepage, I have updated that JF file and have re-upload it and when I refreshed my website i.e. http://google.com is still displays the old content even when I have cleared my browser’s history, flush the DNS, and even gone for another computer and it still displays the old content. When it asks me do you want to overwrite the current file I say yes.

This is leading me to believe that there may be something wrong with the server and possibly needs to be restarted.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi jfrancis79,

Please could you add this line to your .htaccess file and try again? :)

Code:
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

Thank you,

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
That code seem to fix the issue. Will that code affect how Google and other search engines handle my website, like indexing, creating cached, ect?

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
That code seem to fix the issue. Will that code affect how Google and other search engines handle my website, like indexing, creating cached, ect?
It should, but it takes time for Google to come across your site again. If you want to update the index ASAP, you can always use the webmaster tools provided by Google so that they can update the index for your site faster.

EDIT: By 'it should', I mean the index should update with the content provided by the pages.

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
it should NOT affect hits on your site
what that code is for - is to override x10hosting's [ Varnish cache server ]

Status
Not open for further replies.