opinions

blaindugan

Reaction score
ok so i have had this idea for a while know and finally pursued it. may idea was to get a website with a rather easy cms like joomla. learn abit about it and get a little something together. i have done all that so far. i actually just registered a domain name( www.vgclans.com ) i always thought about "clans" on video games and how they were good ways to interact but frequentyly clans disbanded or fell apart due to many issues. well, first i thought to my self, hey clans disband all the time so i dont want to buy a new domain name for every clan and have to remodel the site everytime a new one comes around. so my second thought was to get a domain for the game i primarly play.( i thought thesocomclan.com first) i was why do that i could have so much more on my site and make it attract a more broad range of gamers instead of a more narrow one. so i came up with www.vgclans.com and told my self this will be a site where i will host webpages for all the clans im in(not anyone else). then i could make a subdomain for everysite considering i dont think i would have time for 5 site(5 subdomains) but anyways i imagined my site with a catchy main page and you sign in there. and then click on your clans page( or type in the subdomain and sign in there ) and it shows all the members, stats, news, clan wars, etc and have a general forum for each clan and every clan would have a different portal on a forum(im not sure about forums yet, i dont know much about them)
buy any ways if you want me to sum it up real quick, i want to make a site with a cms that has a spot on 1 forum for every clan hosted, a webpage for each clan(that shows stats, has a shoutbox, shows members, clans wars, etc.) i will make around 5 groups and people who are in the clan will go in there group while other clans wont be able to use that shoutbox on anyone elses webpage. i would also hopefully have some thing like a "community" group for people who are interested in joining the clan or visting the mainpage(i might put tutorials on the main page) also this will be host multiples systems clans, for example the clans i am in, socom 3 (ps2) halo 2 (xbox) americas army(pc) and others

constructive criticism is needed and i need ideas. feel free to speak your mind.

thanks,
blain

Last edited:

TheLaw

Reaction score
I like that idea.. You just need some decated admins, staff, and members..

blaindugan

Reaction score
sorry it was so long i didnt realize and i took it in too many directions, but i plan on getting memebrs around 200 to 300 because i am in two halo 2 clans and they all love the idea so theres around 150, plus all of my other clans from socom and americas army and that. i think i am going to put trusted friends in admin spots to help keep this site under control, or if anyone would like to once this is up in running. i imagine in about a month if people from this site were interested i could grant them some access on the site to keep it updated and running. maybe i would even provide benefits! but anyways any other feedback would help me know if this idea is trash or something that could do well

TheLaw

Reaction score
IF you need any help with forums. i'm pretty good with them. Any idea when you link would work??

blaindugan

Reaction score
up to 48 hours. i just registered my domain name and it takes a while to get things going

B

Brandon

I am very good at PHP, HTML, JAVASCRIPT and some other stuff. I could help you.

blaindugan

Reaction score
good because i have no clue what i am doing, do i have to know any html, php, javascript or anything like (computer languages) to use joomla and in who evers reading this opinion what should i use to do this, a cms, if so what one, etc

Last edited:

TheLaw

Reaction score
I signed up for your site i'll just have to activate the link to email:p