Paid Server Move

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi All,

We've decided that it would be in x10's best interest to also move the older paid servers Skyy & Ciroc. By doing so, we'll be able to upgrade all the software on the servers to the latest versions along with install some customer requested software like postgres. We will also be upgrading the RAM on these from 4 to 8GBs and bumping the processor up a line.

We will be sending out an Email with this information and will ask anyone that has special requirements for being moved to open a ticket in the client area. Special requirements would include things like a certain time you'd like us to move the site, or if you're using external DNS and want to switch it yourself. There should be NO downtime with this move.

The new Skyy IP will be: 74.63.192.50
The new Ciroc IP will be: 74.63.192.58

Please let us know if there are any questions about the move.

-Corey

vol7ron

Reaction score
we'll be able to upgrade all the software on the servers to the latest versions along with install some customer requested software like postgres

I can say that I'm a big requestor of PostgreSQL -- everyone should be excited about this. And yes, it's a good time to go paid!

Corey, I'd like to understand a little bit more about x10's setup. Is there a place to learn about it's content delivery network (CDN) and where the servers are located? Might even want to get into some investing, or set up a sister company.

Daniel S

Reaction score
I know that the ad-free servers used to be at softlayer and are now being moved to limestone networks. So i would think that the paid servers are going to be moved to limestone networks.

And cirrus is being kept in softlayer. Before this servers used to be hosted in the planet.

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Cirrus will remain on SL. Artic was already on the LN.

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
My users and I have been experiencing MySQL errors (too many connections in...), as well as slow response time from the site for some of them.
There has been no change on the website for more than a week and these problems started during the weekend, so I don't expect my code to be the cause.

The DNS doesn't seem to have propagated to my computer yet, so I assume the move has been done recently. Would these be normal server move symptoms or should I seek support and open a ticket?

Thank you for the always flawless service.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
If issues persist after tomorrow please open a ticket. We should be finished moving tomorrow evening at the latest.

-Corey

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Nice work, hopefully the paid customers will like the more powerful new servers :D