Partial Error 503 Backend Fetch Error (for font files) and Slowness

Status
Not open for further replies.

caftpx10

Reaction score
After arriving, I've noticed my site being really slow (I even stopped the loading), I have tried many different networks and it was still very slow. A few minutes later, it actually loaded the page (in a slow speed) and the .tff files used for the font (via CSS) didn't load (CSS used a fallback font) so when I've went to Inspect Element, the console threw two errors to do with both of the files. The errors are caused by this error, could there be a very short timeout for font loading?

My site is using Cloudflare (and is enabled) so that may have been covering the errors on screen the whole time.
The funny thing is that I'm noticing such error today, I haven't got it previously.
The site keeps on being either slow or fast.

(Un)fortunately, the issue hasn't occurred again so I can't show you what I get in the console exactly. If you want, I can try to grab it when it happens again for you to see.

I'm very aware of the fact that many users have got this error in different forms and that the X10Hosting status points out this issue.
Yes, this is a request thing and it is to do with Varnish cache so no surprises there.

Does it seem interesting that there was something different rather than that error slap-bang on the page?

caftpx10

Reaction score
Just looked at the tab and I now finally get the error on the page. Yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.