Photoshop/Illustrator Help

espfutbol98

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to make the background lines like in the photo below in either Photoshop or Illustrator. Thanks!
licna_karta..jpg

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The best way is to make some patterns. I see a few different line patterns (line waves) combined. Make a few of your own combine them to get what you need.

If you don't know what am I talking about you can PM me (ne mora na engleskom ;) ) and I'll see if I can find some time to make a tutorial about it, but I can't promise anything cos I'm really busy this days.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I'll see what I can do in a next couple of days.

farscapeone

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't have time to make a full tutorial with all the waves but this should be enough because the principle is the same for every individual wave. So here we go:

1) Open Photoshop and make a new 200x30px (200 being width) image. Please note that the size is just for tutorial purposes and that you need to adjust it to whatever size you need for your project.

2) Make a new layer and delete the default background one. We do this because we want to have a transparent background for our pattern.

3) Now select a Pen Tool (P) and draw one amplitude of the wave you want to use. It should look something like this:

3.jpg

4) Select the Brush Tool (B) and choose a default 1px circle brusher form Basic Brushes set. You can also set the color you want to use now (I think its #838fb0 or something). See the picture below:

4.jpg

5) Return to the Pen Tool (P), right click on your newly created path and choose "Stroke Path...". This will open a Stroke Path window.

6) Now choose "Brush" form a drop-down menu and click OK.

7) Delete the path. If it's selected juts hit Delete button if it's not use Path Select Tool (A) to select it and then hit Delete button.

8) Go to Edit->Define Pattern... enter the name (like wave_1) and hit OK.

9) Now you can use your newly created wave as a pattern by selecting Paint Bucket Tool (G), choosing Pattern instead of Foreground in bucket properties and selecting your pattern form the list. See the picture below:

9.jpg

10) Apply the pattern with bucket tool to any layer and you should get something like this:

result.jpg

This is how you create and use any pattern in Photoshop. Now you just have to make a few different waves (with different amplitudes and size both horizontal and vertical) and combine them to get what you need.

Hope this was helpful and good luck with your project.