php vs html

conmark

Reaction score
What are the diffrences between them? what is better so forth.

chaganlal1

Reaction score
Well html is regular and all boring. To me i like php better and therefore its better in my ipnion.

TryForce

Reaction score
html is pretty simple and for me usefull.
But i wouldnt be bothered to kno php. Its a good coding stuff. You got more options and you can fill you site with all this stuff wich you like to have in there.

In my opinion: html is simple and usefull... but php is better at all

funindia

Reaction score
You site is static then don't go for PHP. A webmaster with a dynamic contents, have deal with databases must need PHP. In my view PHP has more advantages than HTML. Ofcouse HTML in the soul of Internet/HTTP.

Richard

Reaction score
First ly you can't really compaire the two because they are two diffrent types of programing languages. In fact php needs html to help display data

n4tec

Reaction score
Richard said:
First ly you can't really compaire the two because they are two diffrent types of programing languages. In fact php needs html to help display data

I agree with richard.. but the only difference could be that php is server side and html is client side...

conmark

Reaction score
ahh...

I know there diffrent languages. But they are still used for diffrent stuff as they said. But what does php have that makes it better for servers?

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
yes I personally like html becasue it is easy to learn but I would like to also know php also...

conmark

Reaction score
so php is an advanced form of html

Like bineary<hex<C++ ect ect all that junk.

I'd like to learn it if it can really do more then html.

r0gUe

Reaction score
i personally prefer php because of the varieties of functions, thats why its better but the bad thing bout php is that it got lots of bugs which i think have been fixed in the new version hopfuly but anyway in order to learn php u need to know everything about html so if u wana be a web coder/designer u need to know html 1st so enjoy ur learning lol:eek:riginal:

digitalfarm

Reaction score
Richard said:
exacTly .You need html to use php so you can't ssay which is better.but the question might be- a site fully in html or php?
php is good for site mangement ..someting then needs to be updated regular and easily.
Html does not allow this .

o0slowpaul0o

Reaction score
Haha, stupid question. :) PHP owns all.

PHP can generate loads of things, CMS, Forums like x10 and stuff. HTML is nothing compared to PHP. It can only generate forms, tables, code templates and stuff.

The good thing between the two is you can mix HTML in with PHP.

dsfreak

Reaction score
PHP, because you can do loads more things, with HTML, you can't do nearly as much ;-)

n4tec

Reaction score
conmark said:
ahh...

I know there diffrent languages. But they are still used for diffrent stuff as they said. But what does php have that makes it better for servers?

I am not really sure why but why not visit http://www.php.net for more information... But you should also google about Client side vs server side or what is the difference btn Server side and Clients side scripts?

zhizhaqy

Reaction score
Just a simple answer. if x10hosting.com using html it will be get more time to build it. you must edit this site one by one page . and how about new posting ? that so difficult.

html is simple but php is dynamic,simple and fast.
can you make a dynamic web using html ? i think php is the best answer.

conmark said:
What are the diffrences between them? what is better so forth.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Haha.

PHP wouldn't be used as a server-side programming language if HTML did not exist. (So I think).

HTML is a markup language, it cannot be dynamic, and cannot do anything other then display data and submit forms via post and get.

PHP is a server-side language, that can do a variety of things. with PHP, a website can become dynamic and do more then it ever would be able to do if it was only using markup.

HTML cannot "interact" with the user in ways thats javascript/php/python/perl/etc can, that's why there are such things as server side languages.

Ok, back on "topic", I say PHP is better then HTML, and the reason is because of what I just said above this. :blink:

conmark

Reaction score
aaah! PHP gives more user interface while html is just simple showing stuff and needs to be redone for every edit, which isnt too great..

It is hard to keep the update page updated when you need to edit the whole page and re upload it, also is bad for a multy user page, like mine, where only 2 people know html and the other dosnt... so we have to do all his updating... i need to learn php, lol.

ss128

Reaction score
lets get this straight...
as far as i'm concerned HTML is more like a markup-language, meaning there is a whole sytem behind it that renders it's looks. besides that, HTML is good for a non-dynamic site and for the layout stage of a php site.
Php is a language and can make pages dynamic, it is also pretty secure and all operations are processed server side. this means that PHP can have acess to databases and files on the server. But, all PHP pages (non-processor of course) require HTML to show their outputted data in a stylish way.
PHP pwns HTML, but PHP needs HTML to survive.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
ss128 said:
PHP pwns HTML, but PHP needs HTML to survive.

That about sums it all up, what you said, and I.:laughing: