Please check my site...

rlodge

Reaction score
What I am looking for here is a second set of eyes for my site. Specifically I am looking for how fast it loads. I have been trying here and it takes forever to load and I'm not sure if I screwed something up or if there's some problem with my ISP. There is no problem with the server according to the admins at support.:dunno:

My site is at http://msmcctt.exofire.net.

Please let me know if it loads really slow for you.

Thanks for any help.

edit: I should have known that as soon as I asked someone to see how slow the page loaded that the problem would clear up.

Last edited:

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Hi rlodge,

Your site loads perfectly fine, no problems here at all with speed; but the graphics do take a while to download.

I like your layout, it looks easy to follow and logically arranged. The colour scheme isn't hard on the eyes and is consistent throughout your website. Your forums could do with a little facelift, they look a little plain as they are. Simply changing the background colour and the header to match your main site should be enough.

Also, your fonts come out plain in Ubuntu Linux (we don't get the Arial fonts). You may want to consider changing your font to sans-serif at some point.

Overall: 8/10.

kkenny

Reaction score
I agree with tnl2k7

This graphic specifically
http://msmcctt.exofire.net/media/Armor.png
makes the page have a very long load time.

And also your search box stretches out of the sidebar in firefox, you might want to fix that.

And you should also use font families cause in Linux when I loaded your site I tested it out without my custom installed Windows texts and it looks really ugly in default so I suggest you use at least 4 to 6 font families (Arial, Verdana, Georgia, Sans-Serif, Times New Roman etc,)

Overall 7.6/10

rlodge

Reaction score
I'll look into the fonts.

As for the search bar stretching across the page, was this on any one page or all of the pages? I have never seen that and I've checked the site in Safari, Opera, Firefox, IE6 and IE7.

I guess that 1358.5 KB for that first image is a lot. I may change / try to compress that.

As for the forum login page, I need to figure out where in SMF to edit just that CSS as it's not in the themes. Actually I thought it would change with the theme selected but it doesn't.

Thanks for your suggestions and I'll see what I can get fixed.

D

dWhite

I reduced that image down to 248kb from 1.3Mb.

armortx4.jpg

rlodge

Reaction score
I reduced that image down to 248kb from 1.3Mb.
Thank You
Edit:
Ok. Thanks to dWhite's fast help, the graphic in question should load faster now. He fixed and posted it faster than I could get to it and fix it.

I did add more font families into the CSS so hopefully that should help with the font issue.

As for the forum facelift, I have to learn how to make a new forum template. I did change the login screen for now but, as tnl2k7 stated, the forum needs to more closely match the website design.

I still can't get the search box to stretch across the page as kkenny said it was doing so I don't even know where to begin fixing that one. I checked in Safari, Firefox, Opera and IE7 and is stays in the left column of all of those displays. All of my displays are widescreen and that may be why Ican't replicate the error.

Last edited: