Please comment on my site!

sunils

Reaction score
I saw the site. Its a good site. The colours are blending nicely. The screenshots are ok.

thesims3mods

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply! The screenshots are from magazine article scans I have gotten from other fan sites so they really aren't going to be good quality and I can't control the quality of them. Hopefully tomorrow I will be getting some better quality screenshots to add.

thesims3mods

Reaction score
yeah the banner does need some more work but I am waiting until Maxis releases the fan site kit to make a better banner

Dan

Reaction score
Doesn't look too bad. I would maybe say the header is a bit big and could do with being made smaller. I would also maybe change the colour scheme of the forums to maybe a dark red or something...

FalseHope

Reaction score
I suggest removing the green from the banner, maybe to another color or something. Other than that, everything looks good and blends pretty well. How's AEF? Is it any good? I've never tried it.

gazzamc

Reaction score
Very nicely laid out....looks good but the banner kinda stands out could be the green in it but it looks good nice job.

Hey you should check out the official website for it.They usualy have screen shots and banners That you can add to your sit ;);)

I love the sims but i never know a new one was coming out when is it out???

thesims3mods

Reaction score
Very nicely laid out....looks good but the banner kinda stands out could be the green in it but it looks good nice job.

Hey you should check out the official website for it.They usualy have screen shots and banners That you can add to your sit ;);)

I love the sims but i never know a new one was coming out when is it out???

The Official website launches sometime today so I should have better screenshots by the end of the day. The game will be released, as of right now, sometime during the spring 2009 providing they don't delay it like they often do with games!

EDIT: Ok the sims 3 official website is open now! I have updated my site with 15 HQ screenshots and all the information found on the official site!

Last edited:

tim34

Reaction score
Great looking site, but it runs too slow (and that's from a T1), would hate to see it on dial-up.

thesims3mods

Reaction score
Ok the fact that my site is running really slow is strange because I have run MKPortal on other webhosts and had much bigger sites using it and its never been slow like this before. Also yesterday It was running fine but today alot of times I can't even get on to it!

thesims3mods

Reaction score
Ok my site seems to be running fine now. Could some one please let me know if it is? thanks in advance!

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
yes its working fine, it looks good :)

whoa fyi you should make that image of the house on top smaller, or at least tone it down its 571kb alone thats a lot of bandwidth, probably one of the reasons it loads semi-slow.

it doesn't really load slow for me though.

Last edited:

thesims3mods

Reaction score
Ok thanks for your advice! I will see what I can do about that image! I am hoping to get some help to create a whole new banner soon so that image will hopefully be gone with in the next couple of weeks anyways!

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Try this...

This way you can get rid of all those images and combine them into one :) I know sometimes I have some great ideas, enjoy!

Attachments

• sims_mods_logo.jpg
    sims_mods_logo.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

thesims3mods

Reaction score
Thanks! It looks awsome! Great job! I am putting it on right now!

The New logo is on the site and it looks really good!

Last edited:

Mekryd

Reaction score
I like the color scheme, and the layout.

Viewing the page maximized makes for a lot of eye movement between the left, right and center- the bars seem rather narrow in comparison to the middle on wider screens. It would probably be a good idea to fix the width of the page, maybe widen the sidebars. This way, you could make everything more reachable, and keep the header image a fixed size (having it resize to the browser width makes things jaggy and pixelated).

Keep it up. :3