Please Give an Honest Review with My Site

jorossr44

Reaction score
Hello guys/gals,

I am a newbie when it comes to website making. Can you please make a review with my site? Please be as honest as possible. All reviews will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!:redface:

footballfun230

Reaction score
Hello jorossr44

The presentation of your site looks very good.

Keep filling it full of Recipes and the odd story or two behind the Preparation.

Best of luck with it.

Liz

walidno1

Reaction score
To be frank, the website looks very good. The logo seems a bit stretchy, bit hazy, maybe u should readjust the size. The theme is "simplicity at its best". Really like the theme. And there are a good number of recipes there too. All in all, good job

jorossr44

Reaction score
Thank you for all the good advice. I will take time to follow what you all said. My site's url is: http://mindfultastes.com

Please keep the comments coming, be it positive or negative.

Last edited:

walidno1

Reaction score
Oh one thing I noticed is that you have two menu bars with different menus in them. Why not integrate the 2?! And the log is missing the sides if u notice. I think a simple resizing would do the trick! I have been through your content for a while. If you didnt copy from any other site then it is a useful site indeed for home cooks etc. Hope it goes well in the future. (PS: Not much of a critic :p)

jorossr44

Reaction score
Thanks for the additional comments...

The second menu bar (bottom) will have additional options so I cannot combine the two. May I ask what "log" you are referring to? And all recipes found on the site are 100% original..

Off Topic:

How can I add signatures to my forum post?

Last edited:

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
It's a very good theme that feels natural to use, and it looks like you have a lot of content. To answer your other question, head to the Settings link at the top of the forums, then go to Edit Signature once there.

jorossr44

Reaction score
@ Alexander, thank you for the information. But, can you please point out where exactly? Because it is loading fine on my end.

@Sir Skizzers, thank you for taking time for the check.

Last edited:

eggo9432

Reaction score
The website is awesome. However, one thing I noticed was that on the homepage, when your refresh it, and the page has yet to finish loading, all of the words i.e. CHICKEN WITH ORANGE ALMOND SAUCE run up into the image above them. It's not a huge deal, but I just thought that maybe I should point that out in case you hadn't noticed it.

jorossr44

Reaction score
@eggo9432,

Thank you for the info... I also noticed that, and it's been happening since I made the site. I do not know if it is a bug or if something is wrong. Can anyone help me on this one?

eggo9432

Reaction score
I have not read the page source b/c I do not have a lot of time atm, but try this. I am sure that the images and pictures are in divs that adjust dynamically. In the div css, make sure that you set min-width: and/or min-height: restrictions so that the divs can not shrink and become minuscule to the point of not holding the information. I also had this problem, so try that. if that does not work, then post back and I will try to think of another solution when I have more time.

Last edited:

jfrancis79

Prime Account
Reaction score
Looks like it will be a good website, like the colors and follows nice.