Please help.. [Copyright Conserns ish?]

moose

Reaction score
Hey, well I'm somewhat conserned about my artwork.

Right now, I only use my moose emblem to sign my work.

Anybody could stick their name on it and use it.

I know about the CC (creative commons) but don't know too much about it.

I was wondering if there's a hosting thing or something that shows on the specific file uploaded, where it was linked, and all that.

And if you think the CC will work out for me, please explain it to me!

Thanks in advance.

moose

Reaction score
I want to be capable of seeing each and every locaiton the image was linked to..

So no, please read the post first.. It only takes a second.

I know there is no such thing as rip proof unless its on paper, and you burn it after the person sees it, but I would like to be as secure as I can with my images.

Chris S

Retired
Reaction score
there actually is kinda something like that. But it is based off of meta tags. I'll see if I can at least find that site incase it is anyhelp.

http://www.copyscape.com/

but thats probably no help.

I mean you could watermark your images with your name.

edit:

I may be wrong, but i believe the only real way you can find out if images are linked is if they were to leave the link pointing to your domain

Last edited:

moose

Reaction score
demosthenes705 said:
I may be wrong, but i believe the only real way you can find out if images are linked is if they were to leave the link pointing to your domain

I'm pretty sure that that is right.

Dang.. Egh.. I hate people I can't trust. And I hate not being able to trust people.

If only I could submit it to some art museum.. then everyone will know its mine.

Rising

Reaction score
lol, i dont really think anyone is gonna steal your work, maybe watermark 'moose' very lightly, on the moose

Cynical

Reaction score
In cPanel you can see people that have downloaded which files, and the pages that directed them to that file (see Web/FTP Stats > Latest Visitors). However, this does not prevent people from downloading your image and uploading it elsewhere, in fact nothing can prevent that.

B

Brandon

I think there is a way, I use phpthumb it allows you to edit an image in php (GD+ Library) if you read you can do watermarks. Then if you enable hotlink protection it may be unstealable.