Please Review My Site. It's About Games

anamik.maju44

Reaction score
Your site needs some improvements. As your site lack the proper arrangements which are compulsory for a gaming website. Proper gaming website includes navigation bars(animated), and designs. Other than that every thing is fine.

posidyn

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.
Animated navbar, will work on it.

May I ask, what do you mean by design?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site is essentially unstyled. Yes, there are 6 stylesheets loaded (that's oh, about 5 too many, but that may not be your fault) but none of them do much beyond changing colours and set widths. The text appears in the user's default font, size and weight (I get it in 16px Georgia normal because that's what I have set as my default for serif and for unstyled text; you're probably seeing Verdana or Arial), and it's likely that what you see on the screen is not the same thing that a lot of your potential users would see. Now, I'm not a big fan of the light-on-dark colour schemes that seem to be de rigeur for gaming-oriented sites, but this also has all of the character and identity of a mid-'90s site (like a lot of the academic sites I visit) and that's because a lot of what I'm seeing is the result of you just "letting it do what it do".

It won't take a lot of work to take control of the things you're leaving to chance right now and impress a cohesive and attractive identity on the page. Start by choosing a font (or two — one for the headers and one for the main copy) that gives the site the look you want. (Users who really need to use a certain font at a certain size for accessibility can override your style on their own machines.) Work on the alignment of elements and the font-weight a little, and you can get something very pretty. You'll probably want to differentiate between the entry-time text and the body copy a bit better (so users can both find and ignore the time info more easily).

You might want to try a background texture for areas outside of the content part of your page; something like Moulin or Dark Fish Skin from SubtlePatterns.com would be a lightweight download (I usually base64-encode images this small directly into the stylesheet) and would give the content area more focus.

Last edited:

posidyn

Reaction score
Yes essentially I am simply "letting it do what it do". I don't have good eyes for aesthetics, but now I know what to work on.

Thank you for the reply.