Please review this Site before I place a Domain Name.

Discussion in 'Review My Site' started by cyborgx2, Dec 15, 2013.

1. cyborgx2

cyborgx2 New Member

Hi folks I'm Mike B and would like a little feedback on this computer site I'm ready to place a Domain Name to, if there is something that is missing or a service that should be available, please let me know what you think and what needs to change or be added/deleted. Thanks for the time and effort. http://cyborg.x10.mx

2. mattstut

mattstut New Member

looks nice, you could slow down the image slides a bit on the home page , was trying to read the descriptions and it went off a bit to fast

3. nutsncan

nutsncan New Member

wow really good job dude lots use-full tools

4. wodongax

wodongax Member

Logo and phone number could be a bit bigger but don't overpower the site with it.
    I don't think you need "Joomla! is Free Software released under the GNU General Public License." in the footer.

It looks good, and also functional. Good job :)

5. intlx10m

intlx10m Member

If i ain't mistaken this is a template from Yoothemes i.e, Revista. I guess i previously had a look on it earlier. So, there's no point in in discussing the site layout as these things come out tested from author as well as the company which buys this template. I guess what you should now look for is web traffic. As your website is a commercial one i guess you must go out with advertising. And most of all i say you must have a strong social web presence. A part from that everything looks just perfect!... Good luck & thanks for sharin you work here!

6. xweb3x10

xweb3x10 Member

I noticed that these images are difficult to read and are very pixelated.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    And the word "cheap" can have a negative connotation. How about something more positive.. like "value"?
    Start with a good image for the full size and then the smaller one will also be better. Something like this:

upload_2013-12-23_9-34-55.png upload_2013-12-23_9-36-32.png

7. anamik.maju44

anamik.maju44 Member

Amazing website!
    Navigation bar of your site looks great and it is well-designed. Good work, and keep it up!

8. cyborgx2

cyborgx2 New Member

Appreciate the input, I changed those images and created some new ones.

9. cyborgx2

cyborgx2 New Member

Thanks for the compliments, this is a YooTheme template called Catalyst.

10. wwinter

wwinter Member

Looks great....Loved it very much. Well done.

11. anamik.maju44

anamik.maju44 Member

You are most welcome cyborgx2!!

12. Sakimabear

Sakimabear Member

Great site! Keep on it!

13. John Klyne

John Klyne Community Advocate Community Support

It looks good. Now you just need a way to get traffic to it and capture clients so you'll be on your way to earning some dough.

Keep up the good work bud.

14. leafypiggy

leafypiggy Manager of Pens and Office Supplies Staff Member

I'm gonna be honest, but only because I care:

This wouldn't attract me as a client.

It's very busy, and looks... old. It looks like (oh god I can't believe I'm old enough to say this) something I would've designed ten years ago. And that's not necessarily a bad thing, since we all get better... but it doesn't really attract customers.

Cons:
    • Navigation is too busy. I can't tell what I'm doing. It also doesn't look like it fits correctly.. it looks like it's just floating there
    • Text is ridiculously hard to read. It hurts my eyes to try and read the black on grey or white on silver/black on silver/blue/etc.
    • Everything is flat. The greyscale with black and blue just makes all the elements look flat and boring. Not that they need to look "3D" by any means.. but the forcefulness of the bevel/gradient trying to make it not flat has the inverse effect.
    • A lot of images are pixelated and badly anti-aliased.
    • I don't understand what your website is for when I first look at it. I see "cyborg computer services" (though the logo is a bit hard to decipher) And then I see a bunch of random--excuse the technical term--crap that confuses the hell out of me. If I don't know what you provide immediately, I won't stay and look around.
    • You provide too many services, at least.. in the order they're organized now. Again, I just don't know what you do. Do you build computers? Do you design websites? Do you do virii removal? I just don't know.
    Pros:
    • Solid idea. I like the "Cyborg" theme. Maybe it reminds me of Skynet.. who knows. But I do like the theme... and it can go places.. but it needs to be rebranded. The logo is hard to understand, and the rest of your site doesn't remind me anything of cyborgs except for that there's gunmetal.. metal... more metal.. silver.. and some blue. You know?
    • LOTS OF GREAT CONTENT. Seriously--you have a ton of great content on the website.. but it's all over the place. You have tutorials in with designs, and guides in with the shopping cart (an exageration, yes). If you move all this information and organize it and figure out what you really want, it'll be great! Have a blog, etc.
    Suggestions:

Pick something your website/company does, and do it. You're offering to do a lot of things, and honestly companies/people who offer to do everything are the ones that suck at it all. It's like a genius at the genius bar at an Apple store. They know a tiny, miniscule amount of stuff, about a ton of products. What do you know best? Stick with that. Personally, I *can* do design, and I will... but my focus is front/back end development. and that's what I market myself as. I do have clients that ask me to do designs, and I do, because I can. But I don't advertise for it, because it's not something I'm a professional at. I offer hosting to my clients because I'm confident in my abilities to host and maintain servers, but I don't offer hosting on my website. It's part of the package.

Sorry if I seem really harsh. I'm trying to help.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. John Klyne

John Klyne Community Advocate Community Support

I agree with 100% of the points he addressed, he seems to care more than I do and as such is much more helpful than I am.

Listen to leafypiggy.

16. interne3

interne3 Member

@cyborgx2 Your site is violating ToS as I am aware of. Strictly in the ToS, it clearly states: "Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties." | If there is any other situation going on, please explain to me, but as far as I can see on your website, you are giving away web hosting to other parties.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. cyborgx2

cyborgx2 New Member

18. cyborgx2

cyborgx2 New Member

• Like Like x 1