PostgreSQL Problem

vol7ron

Reaction score
I'm having a problem accessing PostgreSQL and setting up users.

I created the database just like creating it in MySQL using cPanel. Then I created user (usernames/passwords). Then I added them to the database. There were no errors, but something to mention is that it did not ask me for user permissions, like MySQL does.

Anyhow, so I tried logging in to PgAdmin, but I don't know if the server is offline, or if the database wasn't created correctly. Either way, I can't log in. There is also a small red 'X' over the icon in ther Server tree.

Could someone please help me get to the bottom of this?

Thank you,
vol7ron

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
It doesn't seem PostgreSQL is installed on the server. Moving this to level two.

vol7ron

Reaction score
cool. it's counting as one of the 3 databases. it's sort of like it's initializing it, but not registering the event.\

thx for the help chris

vol7ron

Reaction score
--- this is the original thread i created a couple months ago --- it's the same error, I'd just like to get this up and running now for my search function of my page

vol7ron

Reaction score
If someone could help me get PostgreSQL 8.3+ installed, that would be super super good.

I'm trying to get my inter-page websearch to work. PostgreSQL has full text search build into 8.3+; i think the current version is 8.3.5

Not only is it a free, open-source, database. But it's faster than MySQL and has a bit more structural integrity and is more secure. Plus it works well with Perl stored procedures.

Last edited: