Prey Demo [PC]

N2PGames

Reaction score
prey_demo_440x166.jpg

Game Info:
Prey tells the story of Tommy, a Cherokee garage mechanic stuck on a reservation going nowhere. His life changes when an otherworldly crisis forces him to awaken spiritual powers from his long-forgotten birthright. Abducted along with his people to a menacing mothership orbiting Earth, he sets out to save himself and his girlfriend and eventually his planet.

Prey is serious, dark story, based on authentic Cherokee mythology. Themes of sacrifice, love and responsibility are explored and the story dives into emotional territory not yet explored by similar games.

Screenshots:
Code:
http://www.3dgamers.com/screenshots/games/prey/

Game Size:
470,827,978 bytes

Download Demo:
Code:
http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/prey/prey_demo.exe.html

System Requirements :

Minimum:

* CPU Speed: Intel Pentium 4 2.0Ghz / AMD Athlon XP 2000+ processor
* RAM: 512MB system RAM
* Video Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 64MB video card with latest manufacturer drivers (see supported chipsets below)
* Drive: 8X CD-ROM (standard edition), DVD-ROM (Limited Collector's Edition)
* Hard Drive: 2.2GB of uncompressed free hard drive space
* Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card
* Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000 or XP with latest service pack installed
* DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c

Recommended :

* CPU Speed: Intel Pentium 4 2.5Ghz / AMD Athlon XP 2500+ processor
* RAM: 1GB system RAM
* Video Card: ATI Radeon X800 series or higher video card with latest manufacturer drivers
* Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series sound card
* Internet: Broadband internet connection or LAN required for multiplayer

Supported Video Card Chipsets :

* ATI: ATI Radeon 9600 series, ATI Radeon 9700 series, ATI Radeon 9800 series, ATI Radeon X300 series, ATI Radeon X550 series, ATI Radeon X600 series, ATI Radeon X700 series, ATI Radeon X800 series, ATI Radeon X1300 series, ATI Radeon X1600 series, ATI Radeon X1800 series, ATI Radeon X1900 series, or better with latest manufacturer drivers
* NVIDIA: NVIDIA GeForce3/Ti series, NVIDIA GeForce4/Ti, NVIDIA GeForce FX 5800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 5900 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series, NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 series, NVIDIA GeForce 7600 series, NVIDIA GeForce 7800 series, NVIDIA GeForce 7900 series, or better with latest manufacturer drivers.

PREY takes full advantage of the Sound Blaster® X-Fi sound card. PREY supports OpenAL hardware acceleration, EAX® ADVANCED HD 5.0 features of 4 reverberation effects at once, and uses Sound Blaster® X-Fi XRAM feature to load audio samples on the cards with 64 megs of RAM. For more information on the benefits of having one of the Sound Blaster® X-Fi series, you can go to http://www.soundblaster.com.

=========== # of Levels =============
this game has 5 demo levels .. according to 3D Realms

Last edited:

The_Magistrate

Reaction score
Damn. Sounds like a sweet game. Too bad I'm stuck with my GeForce FX 5600. :( I think it's time for me to get a new video card.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
It seems people assume that PC no longer means personal computer and now means Windows. A computer running Linux or Mac is a PC too, by the way. And it'd be pretty nice to see a lot more games being made for Linux. A lot of commercial games do have versions for Mac, but not for Linux, which is kind of stupid.

Games also can run with lower system requirements on linux than they can on windows since linux does not use up as many resources as windows does. Check out America's Army system requirements (both minimum and recommended) for the Windows, Mac, and Linux versions. Linux's requirements are actually lower than they are on the Mac version, and the Mac version's requirements are lower than those for Windows.

randomize

Reaction score
It does sound like an awsome game. I think I might download it, depends whether I can be bothered or not.

swirly

Reaction score
dont u be complainin bout no gforxe 5600 i got a gforce 100-200 lol and the rest of my computer pretty much sucks, maybe ill be gettin another soon, but the odd thing is, that my gfx card can run half life and cs and wow lol!!!

N2PGames

Reaction score
my pc played this demo Maxed out offline .. Multipery med due to it being DM just another Doom engined game :( even has the same Menu sounds as Quake 4... the only \Powered by Doom 3 engine game that changed the serries was F.E.A.R ... kinda sad

JaneT

Reaction score
how does it play? I'm afraid my comp won't be able to hand it, it look amazing though. I like those loopy things like you can walk upside down and enter through portals, looks nicely done.

N2PGames

Reaction score
if you ever played Quake 4 .. the Green Gun with flash light has the same Rcoil / Fell as the 1st gun you get in Prey and has the same ZOOM in as it .... MultiPrey is also the same as Quake 4 mULTIPLAYER the Backing out of Menu sounds are imported also from Quake 4... this game is just a Big Quake 4 with a Soule Mode and Wall Walking... Also it has the same Gun Menu as Quake ... but on top and its Blue ... and instead of the Unli-Gun that you recive when you're dron crashing in Quake is replaced with a Rench....

if you liked Doom 3, Quake 4 you'll love it... if you like F.E.A.R you'll hate it!!

it fells like a expansion pack tp Quake 4....

==== Proff =====

1.Run Prey demo [Quake 4/5]
2. Hold "ctrl + alt + ~"
3. type in "Give All"

whats gonna happend? You get max health and all the guns in the game same ammount of guns and! same magics and 96% looks ... i bet all the cheats will work with the demo!

Last edited:

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Wow no support for NVIDIA GeForce FX5200? My how technology has changed so quickly..

XColl

Reaction score
N2PGames said:
if you ever played Quake 4 .. the Green Gun with flash light has the same Rcoil / Fell as the 1st gun you get in Prey and has the same ZOOM in as it .... MultiPrey is also the same as Quake 4 mULTIPLAYER the Backing out of Menu sounds are imported also from Quake 4... this game is just a Big Quake 4 with a Soule Mode and Wall Walking... Also it has the same Gun Menu as Quake ... but on top and its Blue ... and instead of the Unli-Gun that you recive when you're dron crashing in Quake is replaced with a Rench....

if you liked Doom 3, Quake 4 you'll love it... if you like F.E.A.R you'll hate it!!

it fells like a expansion pack tp Quake 4....

==== Proff =====

1.Run Prey demo [Quake 4/5]
2. Hold "ctrl + alt + ~"
3. type in "Give All"

whats gonna happend? You get max health and all the guns in the game same ammount of guns and! same magics and 96% looks ... i bet all the cheats will work with the demo!
I downloaded it, I installed it, and I played it. It is nothing like what you said. You give bad view of perspective.

This not an expansion pack for Quake 4 or what ever, it acually has a story which you didn't say.

I love FEAR and I like this game so I'll be getting this game soon as soon I save up some money.

Look, if your computer can run Half-Life 2, surely this can run on your computer. I'm playing the game with medium settings which is unsual for me and i'm playing the game atleast to 35-50 FPS (Frame per speed) which I like perfer.

I don't want to spoil the game for you guys but if you play it you'd probably agree with me. Hell i'll take screenshots if you guys want.

Edit: I'm even playing it on minimual requirements.

--I'm getting pictures of it in high-detail.

Last edited:

XColl

Reaction score
Sorry for double post but this goes for the post above. Screenshots are in high-detail in Prey. They really optimized the game for ATI cards specificially too.

N2PGames

Reaction score
I never Said This load of Money making sceam ... dint have a story yes it dose have one .. one wich takes place in Doom3 , and Quake 4, and Quake wars ... humands living lives... aliens take earth.. same old freaking Doom3 crap... no wonder why it got 7.6 ... Phhh

dbzsr

Reaction score
i just downleded the demo today
but too bad i have integrated graphics

i guss i have to upgrade (NO $) is big problem

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
N2PGames said:
I never Said This load of Money making sceam ... dint have a story yes it dose have one .. one wich takes place in Doom3 , and Quake 4, and Quake wars ... humands living lives... aliens take earth.. same old freaking Doom3 crap... no wonder why it got 7.6 ... Phhh
Uh, dude, 7.6 is a decent score.

And there is plenty of cool effects: the wall walking, the portals, spirit walking and the organic weapons is all cool.

Does it really matter that its a bit similar to some other games? FPSs in the nature, hell GAMES in their nature are all similar. Lets not get into a discussion about originality.

Besides, the main objective is to save the protagonist's girl friend, not save Earth. Thats more like a bonus.

Stop being so jaded. Prey is a good game.

Ok, btw, those mimimum specs aren't strict. I only have an ATI 9200 card (which isn't listed as supported) but it still runs ok.

soten355

Reaction score
N2PGames said:
First off, please spell check your work. It was very hard for me to read.
Second:
Quake 4? Doom 3? Quake Wars? Humans fighting an alien species for survival...wait, doesn't that sound like every science fiction story? Oh, I guess because it's Quake and Doom it's better then Prey? Wrong.
Prey has an original story, Doom 3 has an original story, Quake 1-4 have an original story. They're all original, so what makes Prey so different?
I would also like to know where it got a 7.6 from.