Problem after Absolut clean-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlodge

Reaction score
I am not sure if there is a server problem, a script problem or what. Since the clean up was done on Absolut, my calendar for my website, Plans Calendar at www.planscalendar.com (this link is just to show what calendar software I am using), stopped working properly.

I used to have the whole directory for it located in my public_html folder under a directory named "schedule. The calendar was found by typing http://mydomain.exofire.net/schedule/plans.cgi. After the clean up and maintenance on Absolut, the calendar stopped working. I got a "500-Internal Server Error" (if I remember correctly).

I changed the directory for the calendar to my public_html/cgi-bin directory and moved the theme directory to the public_html directory. Now I can get the calendar to come up and the theme works.

The problem is, whenever I add an event to the calendar, it is placed one day off from where I wanted it. (eg. I want an all day event from 9 SEP 08 to run for 6 days ending on 14 SEP 08. I input the event, preview it and the dates are correct but when I save it the dates are placed on the calendar from 8SEP 08 - 13 Sep 08. A one day event starting at 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM is added as the day before and starts at 7:59 AM to 4:59 PM). A person from the calendar's support forum suggested that it may be a time issue with the server. I'm not totally convinced that's the case but I guess anything's possible.

Is there anything in the server maintenance that may have caused this behavior? Everything was fine until I had to place the calendar's files in the cgi-bin directory.

Please forgive me if this belongs in the 3d Party Apps & Scripts forum. I placed it here since this only occurred after the maintenance on the server.

Thanks

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The only thing I could think is if the script itself has a time zone setting that is wrong. The server is located in CST (-6GMT), if the time zone setting with the script makes adjustments after you submit it's possible it's changing the time.

I verified the date and time on the server and they are accurate though. The script has to be doing something with the time variable after it shows it to you.

-Corey

rlodge

Reaction score
Thanks for checking.

Yes, the software does have a time zone setting but whether I set it for GMT or CST I get the same results.

I guess it's back to the calendar's support forum to see what they have to say.

Again, thank you and I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.