Problem with ads in SMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
I have inserted X10 ads to my SMF forums. It works successfully. But the only major problem is that, the ads don't appear if someone is not logged in. The ads are only visible when someone views the forums as a registered member.
Visit it at:
In case it does view up just tell me. And if it doesn't view up please account managers give me some time to fix the problem and insert the ads properly.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Nop, ads are not visible.
How did you inserted the ADS??? I mean, which file did you modify or how you put them in the forum.

Last edited:

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
I inserted them using the SMF Ad Management System mod. I used the javascript. I have the Corporate plan. I tried all of these positions:
  1. Right below the menu.
  2. Top of every page.
  3. Bottom of every page. (Only for testing; I wasn't intending to use that.)
  4. In the user welcome screen.
None of them works except if you are viewing the forums as a registered user.

Reclutador

Reaction score
The easyest way is editing the header.php in the style folder

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Actually using the ad mod is quite simple. All you have to do is set permissions for the usergoups to see them. If you go to permissions in your admin panel then to settings and put a check on each box, then go back to "permissions by usergroup" you will see alot of permissions there to set for each usergroup.

And there is no header.php in SMF

Last edited:

Cynical

Reaction score
Try editting it into the file instead of using a mod. First, make sure you are using SMF 1.1.0 FINAL, then try this:
  1. Make sure access to "index.template.php" in the template folder (in the "Themes" directory of SMF" is permitted - set CHMOD to 777.
  2. Log into the administrator's control panel.
  3. Under "Configuration" click "Current Theme" on the left.
  4. Under "Edit Theme" click "Modify the index template. (the main template)" on the right.
  5. Find the correct location of the document to insert the ads. Corporate ads must go towards the top, advanced ads can be anywhere.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
What is wrong with using a mod. ??? it's alot easier to add and remove it and you can rotate ads that have been placed to show in the same location. Why would you want to put it directly into the index.template.php ???

DaTaX

Reaction score
i was using a mod to display ads in the Joomla! cms and got suspended for having no ads sometime ago. seems that the script that searches for the ads does not always detect them. it was easily solved by editing the index.php file fo insert the ad code in it. it's not perfectly integrated in the template, but at least it works...

i would give a try at what cynical said first though, as i'm not so familiar with SMF forums.

DizzyTechnology

Reaction score
Use the mod for SMF called 'Global Headers and Footers'. While the admin panel for it is not so neat, the header part works in all themes.

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
It works fine now ;) You won't be suspended.
*Closed*
If you still have questions you can re-open the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.