Problems with IPB

Burak

Reaction score
Since ı got my account from here, i'm tryin' to make a forum based on IPB. My version is 2.0.4 :grin: but ı have lots of problems I reinstalled the board a few times, altough i've working on them for around a month i haven't been able to fix them. If this continiues like this, ı can be freaky :blink: Can anyone help me about a full installiation please? (I can award points or rep if needed)

Last edited:

Maurice

Reaction score
I don't really understand the question. First you say you had problems so you reinstalled it and later you can't install it Oo?

Burak

Reaction score
I'm trying to say, i installed it, but i had problems. Then, reinstalled it, but had problems, same or different... So i decided to ask for help in here for a full installiation without problems, right?

Maurice

Reaction score
What kind of problems did you encounter when installing?

Burak

Reaction score
First of all, my problems weren't problems about installing, they were after install problems. Here's the full list:

Error 404 when click the admin CP link
Error 500(??) when click the admin CP link
Security code at registering page active but missing
Permission errors about moding(as admin)
Registering new users
Compability problems with Firebox and IE

Can anyone help me?

Last edited:

n4tec

Reaction score
Have you tried deleting the database and user + folder and extracting the folder again and creating the database and user.. and then installing it again.. i remember you have to CHMOD a few files and folders..

Burak

Reaction score
Yes, after having problems, ı deleted everything and installed whole software again a few times. Also ı'm sure ı've properly CHMODE'd files as written in the read me file. Also i tried to unzip the archive to a new folder and installing it, bu it did not solve my problems. Any further comments?