question: zoneedit DNS settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

munim

Reaction score
Not sure if this should be here or site management..
I set the nameservers of my domain to zoneedit's nameservers(change pending.. will take 24hr more). for those who don't know, zoneedit is a service which allows you to manage advanced dns settings.
Now, to point my domain to this host, what should i do?
1. add x10hosting's nameservers in the nameservers list in the zoneedit control panel along with zoneedit's nameservers?
2. update the A record to x10hosting's IP address?
3. something else?
4. use webforward to forward the domain name to munim.x10hosting.com?(last option... don't prefer this.)

Also, this is strictly a technical question which has nothing to do with my site.. but what happens if I add the nameservers of x10hosting and some other hosting service in the nameserver's list? it seems zoneedit allows you to enter many nameservers..

kajasweb

Reaction score
Point your domain NameServers to

ns1.x10hosting.com
ns2.x10hosting.com

Park your domain in your account cPanel

If you want to make changes to your DNS Records (Like MX Entry, CNAME, etc.), you can request in forums.

Last edited:

munim

Reaction score
no..that is not the point.. i don't want to park the domain directly in x10hosting... i want to use zoneedit........
Edit:
never mind i got it working :)
updated the A record to x10hosting's IP address: 74.86.116.190

supposedly the extra nameservers you add in the zoneedit list work as backup servers if the primary ones fail..
i know, i can just directly add x10hosting's nameservers in my domain name.. but zoneedit gives me so much flexibility to configure any record quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.