Questions about e-mail accounts

costas1

Reaction score
  1. Is it possible to create an e-mail account for another domain except the default in DirectAdmin? When I go to E-mail Accounts > Create Account I can enter a username for the new account, but the default domain is preselected without an option to choose another one.
  2. Is it possible to select a different e-mail for different Cron Jobs' output?

costas1

Reaction score
I noticed that there is a dropdown menu on the top right, which enables users to choose the domain for which email changes will apply.

I understand that if someone has 2 domains first-domain.com and second-domain.com for example, the 2 default email accounts username@first-domain.com and username@second-domain.com share the shame inbox, am I right?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed that there is a dropdown menu on the top right, which enables users to choose the domain for which email changes will apply.

I understand that if someone has 2 domains first-domain.com and second-domain.com for example, the 2 default email accounts username@first-domain.com and username@second-domain.com share the shame inbox, am I right?
That would be correct. They both have the username as the login user for the email account as well. These are used for internal stuff as well, for instance if you install via Softaculous these email accounts would be listed as sender when emailing your information to the address you set as admin email for a script (if you install to first-domain.com I'd assume that account is sender).