Ratings Please

Woolie

Reaction score
Just finished skinning the forums and making the booking form for my latest client's website. So I thought I'd show it off, and where better than x10 of course. It's my first attempt at skinning any kind of forums so if you find any errors in them let me know please. And don't say "using phpBB is an error", it's not funny :ughdance:. It's a good open source board. Even though some of the code is pretty messy in places.

Anyway, ratings on the overall site design would be goodas well. Could you not try the booking form please, it's working :kdubb:.

Clicky Here​

Matthews255

Reaction score
the best job ive seen for a long while, 10/10

I need to be able to do that!

Woolie

Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive responses. Now I just have to get the cash :bigok:.

cyberxzt

Zine Tech
Reaction score
DesertWar said:
Cool, How did you get the forum inside of the template?

Yah, how did you, i have an idea for my site, but dont know how to do that.

Woolie

Reaction score
Just modify the default sub Silver template files. That's all i did. It's quite simple when you understand how it is displayed.

This helps

Just look at the source of the default template. Then correspond it to the files. And you will see how it is constructed. For example, the default template is contained in one big table. The start of this table is in the overall_header file and the end tag of it is in the overall_footer. I'm planing to do a massive tutorial on how to do basic skinning ofphpBB, because i haven't found one yet.

The best way to do it is set up a test forum and experiment with modifying bits of the template at a time. I know your probably thinking "oh yeah, that's alright for you to say", but thats how i worked it out. Just by mucking around, it works, i couldn't find any tutorials for it. PhpBB is one of the easiest ones to skin when you know how.

Bare in mind you need a basic knoledge of HTML to do it. Also, it helps to know CSS, although it's pretty simple in phpBB

Cynical

Reaction score
Very nice, the forum is intergrated seamlessly into the site, which is great for any site. I like all of the images and the general color scheme is well. I give it 10/10, although I do have one suggestion. For the forum names, since they are links they sort of blend in with the background images that are behind them, making them slightly hard to read, but not too hard. See my attachment.

EDIT: I think I may have found another problem. When you view the member list, under the heading that says "Location", it says "Graphics, Webdesign, Coding and Hosting" by your name, which is likely what you put for your "Interests" category...

Last edited:

Rising

Reaction score
also i think subdreamer cms integrates them in for you, btw good job on template 10/10