Redirecting to Default web site page

Status
Not open for further replies.

satishan

Reaction score
Hi to everyone, today in morning when i tried to access my website it was showing error "couldn't connect to database". Now after 10 hours i tried again but at this time it has directed me to Default web site page, stating error like
If you feel you have reached this page in error, please contact the web site owner
and much more things were listed,

please help

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Good news: I do not see the default web page. Try clearing browser cache/history and flushing DNS.

Bad news: I do get a :: Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to database

You can make sure int.fris.x10hosting.com is included in the remote hosts list, database host set to 'localhost' in any configuration file, and can try removing the user from the database and then adding back with ALL PRIVILEGES.

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
It opens for me perfectly,However i am watching this error
Database Error: Unable to connect to the database:Could not connect to database
If you are not able to view your site in browser then flush DNS and cache.Alternatively you can open it using proxy.
Free proxy site http://samair.ru

satishan

Reaction score
Thanks For Early Replies..

The database error occurs frequently, could you please tell what to do.
how to fix the database error. Could you please elaborate..
Or can you please check my account and rectify the errors.

Thanks
Regards Satishan

Last edited:

bhupendra2895

Reaction score
I am not a official staff member but I can suggest you to look at error_log in your site's web root and if you are using any script that connect to database it may be caused by that.
There can be one more reason that depends on which server(cossacks, fris thing) you are?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
You can make sure int.fris.x10hosting.com is included in the remote hosts list,

cPanel --> Remote MySQL

if int.fris.x10hosting is not on the list, add it..

database host set to 'localhost' in any configuration file

Joomla, Drupa, phpBB or what ever script you are running will have a file named something like 'settings' or 'config' or 'configuration'. You have to open it up and find where the database host is set. It has to be set to 'localhost''

and can try removing the user from the database and then adding back with ALL PRIVILEGES.

cPanel --> MySQL Databases

where the databases are listed along with the users, click on 'remove user' (NOT the later list where you would be deleting the user). Then add the user back to the database. A page should come up with checkboxes for various dbuser privileges. You must check 'ALL PRIVILEGES' at the top.

satishan

Reaction score
Thanks,
i will try and reply here, by the way i am running Joomla on cossack server which moved onto Fris.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.