Regarding the TOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
This might be in another thread. Sorry if I double threaded (Posted on a topic which was already present).
Anyway, in the TOS (Terms of Service), it says you can't stream music. Are you talking about audio files in general, all music or only copyrighted ones?
Also, can I stream uncopyrighted videos?
And regarding copyright, if I get permission from the distributer, does the rule still apply?

Last edited:

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
Steaming music probably means all types of music. Also, if you get writen permission from the copyright owner you have use to the music.

Zenax

Reaction score
you cannot stream music that is copyrighted, so you can't run a radio station playing Iron maiden or soemthing.

The files are also not allowed to be stored on your account if they contain copyright on them.

Anything that you own the copyright too or doesn't have a copyright oo, or you have permission from the owner can be used.

For example, videos from you tube or something are permitted,(I think), because they are giving you the link to the file on their server, and there is also permission from the person who uploaded it to You Tube.

I think that should answer your questions.

If I am wrong feel free to correct me.

Regards,
Zenax

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
Thank you. But I think I must listen to an administrator's or an account manager's opinion first.

Last edited:

YamiKaitou

Reaction score
From the ToS

»Illegal Material: This includes copyrighted works, commercial audio, video, or music files, and any material in violation of any Federal, State or Local regulation. You may not store copyrighted Mp3s on your webspace in any way shape or form.

EDIT: From the signup page

# We do not allow hosting of copyrighted files, mp3s, programs, warez, or torrents.
# You are not allowed to stream music from your site. You may not use proxies.

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
You are not allowed to stream music from your site. You may not use proxies.
YamiKaitou has quoted it first. You are not allowed to.

I'll close the thread, if you still have questions you can re-open it.

Status
Not open for further replies.