Regarding the "x10 commandments"

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
I know that there might be another thread of the same topic, but I have found none. I tried to use the official thread but it is locked. Anyhow, in number 4, it states that you must access the forums at least once every two weeks, or yor account will be inactive. What if some one travels or forgets, or has an internet problem? As concerning me, I might encounter a full month without internet access. So please tell me if there is a way to prevent your account from suspension without accessing the forums once every two weeks?

Chris Z

Reaction score
you'll need to get a trusted friend to login for you if this problem occurs, you're not exempt from this rule, i'm sorry

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
If my account is suspended (hopefully not), is my website still running?
And for how many days you can stay suspended? (I mean like before deletion)

lambada

Reaction score
If your account gets suspended your website stops working and instead sends you to an 'Account Suspended' page.

Deletion of accounts is at the account managers discretion - there is no set rule for deletion. WE could, in theory, delete an account for a first offence of no ads. Basically any violation of the ToS puts your account at risk of deletion.

We do, however have set periods for suspension. Ads, proxy, and language suspensions last for 4 days. Warez / mp3's last for 7 days.

Last edited:

the_king_dollars

Reaction score
So, if I like didn't visit the forums for a whole month, my account only gets deleted if you want to.
I think I'm OK with that now. Thanks for your support.

Chris Z

Reaction score
actually, i'm pretty sure if an account is not asked to be unsuspended within two weeks of suspension, it is then terminated, at that point it's just taking up space on the server

HyDr@

Reaction score
Hmm, big problem for people in UK changing ISP then, it takes like 30 days to fresh connect to the internet, mirgration takes about 5 working days.

NINJ4

Reaction score
I agree, there should be some kind of vacation setting, but similarly, maybe disable their FTP and cPanel access to make sure they aren't just trying to get out of logging in to the forum?

The rule about logging into these forums every two weeks is absolutely my least favorite rule on x10, and I hope you choose to remove it forever, but barring that, a vacation setting would be very nice.

Just my $0.02.

Micro

Retired staff <i> (11-12-2008)</I>
Reaction score
HyDr@ said:
Hmm, big problem for people in UK changing ISP then, it takes like 30 days to fresh connect to the internet, mirgration takes about 5 working days.

Mostly all public libraries have computers the public can use. My city does (Hereford), and i can go there or at school if i need to login.

And if you get your MAC code and stuff from your ISP it can go as quick as 2 days.

Zenax

Reaction score
I still like the idea of having a setting where you can set your acount to on vacation. B ut then all services are not available on your account.

Then when you return it becaomes active again.

There should be a form where you input the number of weeks you are away for then after that period of time the account becomes active again. If there is then no activity after 2 weeks after you were supposed to be back, your account is deleted.

Perhaps this should be ok .....

Regards,
Zenax

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
That could be an option in the future, but for now. You must login every 2 weeks. If your account stays suspended for 2 weeks, it will be terminated. Both these systems are automated and we currently do not have the time to code in exceptions.

-Corey

Status
Not open for further replies.