][REQ][50 credits]Ideas for my site[REQ][

D

Dylan,,

Hey there,

I was sitting here, wondering what I could do next, for my site.

Here's some of the projects I'm currently working on

Forum -- (Problem is, the ad manager mod, I don't know how to install it properly)

Erm, that's about it to be honest, not too much that's why I need your help.

Here's what I've gotten to

Links

Here's some of my ideas

Top sites

Every idea counts!

And, If I use your idea I'll send you 50 coins and if its something that could use some staff members to, I'll give you the option to become a staff member of what ever it is your idea is.

Here's the catch.

If someone above you used the same idea and I use it, you won't get the coins, the first person that gives me the idea gets the credits. BUT, you have the option to be staff also.

If you'd like any further information, please feel free to ask.

Much love,
Dylan

ALSO: The site is www.retro-studios.com

Much love,
Dylan

Last edited by a moderator:

Zangetsu

Reaction score
hmm add some flash games to your forum there sould be a site out there with a few games

zen-r

Reaction score
Can you give us some clues about what you want your site to actually be about? "Retro-Studies" is quite a vague term. :dunno:

Or are you wide open to absolutely any ideas for it?!

Here are a few ideas of my own to get you started;

-A contact-me page. This could just list your contact details, or could be provided by a form. There could be a section for comments & suggestions (then you might get further ideas like these, from people visiting your site)

-A photo gallery, showing photos relevant to your website's main theme. These could be public-domain photos from the web, your own photos, or photos submitted by visitors.

-A blog section, where you could discuss something which has been happening that day/week -either to yourself, or in the news, or specific to the main theme of your website. The more it takes the form of an article with useful facts in it, the better. You could submit a link to it at many other websites so that your website improves its own pagerank & gets higher up Google's search results.

Good luck ;)

Last edited:
D

Dylan,,

Can you give us some clues about what you want your site to actually be about? "Retro-Studies" is quite a vague term. :dunno:

Or are you wide open to absolutely any ideas for it?!

Here are a few ideas of my own to get you started;

-A contact-me page. This could just list your contact details, or could be provided by a form. There could be a section for comments & suggestions (then you might get further ideas like these, from people visiting your site)

-A photo gallery, showing photos relevant to your website's main theme. These could be public-domain photos from the web, your own photos, or photos submitted by visitors.

-A blog section, where you could discuss something which has been happening that day/week -either to yourself, or in the news, or specific to the main theme of your website. The more it takes the form of an article with useful facts in it, the better. You could submit a link to it at many other websites so that your website improves its own pagerank & gets higher up Google's search results.

Good luck ;)

Thanks, I'll be sending you 50 credits.

If you'd like to work on the forums once they're up, PM me.

Much Love,
Dylan

zen-r

Reaction score
Thanks Dylan,, - credits received. I look forward to seeing your website develop. (I've REP'd you!)

D

Dylan,,

Np.

I will be adding the contact details on the new contact page in a few.

Thanks,
Dylan

freecrm

Reaction score
Looking at your source code, you could definately do with adding some meta descriptors and potentially keyword (although these aren't used as much these days) to increase your search engine rankings.

Also - although your title includes retro-studios, you can add different terms for each page which will again assist search engines to rank each page.

I agree with zen-r about his comments on what the site is about - there is no clear indication of what the browser is likely to find.

When you create your links page, try to ake sure that the targets are "blank" otherwise, the browser will drift away from your site.

Are you working in php? - if so, phpBB3 forums is an opensource, extremely good solution that avoids a lot of coding and looks very pro.

Hmmm - what about a tracking code to check who has been visiting - try statcounter or google analysis. - both free.

A good, css driven menu bar would look great so you can keep you links always in a top or left column. They're also good for search engines.

How about breaking up your page into some columns - the single width page looks a bit amateur but it is simple to create a table format and break it up into, say 3 columns with the central column expanding to max width.

i.e.

<table>
<tr>
<td width ="200">content</td>
<td width ="100%">content</td>
<td width = "200">content</td>
</tr>
</table>

You could use this to break up the overpowering black!

You could also use css to create a retro look, using rounded corners etc.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

sunils

Reaction score
I just checked up your site. And i got the home page. Then i clicked the forum link but it said error. and the links pages is also not showing up.

D

Dylan,,

Of course the forums not working, I said that.

The links page is perfectly fine.

zen-r

Reaction score
Ah yes, I've just tried it in Firefox & the links page displays OK now.

I'd previously tried it in Internet Explorer, & the Links page was blank. My privacy & security settings were set to ~medium, but no doubt something was being blocked there. You may want to look into that - most people use IE, so you don't want to lose them if they have the same settings as me!

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Ah yes, I've just tried it in Firefox & the links page displays OK now.

I'd previously tried it in Internet Explorer, & the Links page was blank. My privacy & security settings were set to ~medium, but no doubt something was being blocked there. You may want to look into that - most people use IE, so you don't want to lose them if they have the same settings as me!

Same here

(hey Dylan...lol)

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
You could put a wiki? Don't know what about though.

A news feed?

That's all I can think of.