{req} Online Game Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
skylogoVqwu.gif
Alright, SO ive been looking for a summer project and a way to make money, and Ive thought of it. I wnat to make an online community game like habbohotel.com. It will be basically the same but totally free and a bit of changes here and there. It;ll be lots of hard work but wed make lots of money form endoresements.

SO heres what wee need. A director MX team to make the game and bring it together and I think Php may be needed im not sure. and some Pixel ARtists.

Everyone who is on staff will recieve a % of the money made. It will all be worth it so if you do more work more % of profit you make.

If your interested post here this application:

Name:
e-mail:
Job wnated:
Experience:
Why you should get job:

I think this will be a geat projetc if we can pull it all together.

Last edited:

swirly

Reaction score
wat the hell...ill try it...

Name:Swirly
e-mail:swirlydude@gmail.com
Job wanted:idk i can program...workin on php skills, idk whatever...
Experience:above
Why you should get job:u know me pretty well from my other stuff...

one ? tho...how many projs u got goin on? lol jw...

but yeah i can program quite well, and weith a dll or 2 i can make my progs work online i think, and im gonna buy the full version of my prog language soon so i can run my progs on other comps!

Last edited:

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Name: MicroTechXP
e-mail: microtechxp[at]gmail[dot]com
Job wnated: Anything but coding or grafics. I can help gather people to this site and I can do almost anytihng you nead.
Experience: ^^above
Why you should get job: I can help out a lot as I am active at a lot of sites! ;)

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Alright your both accepted, SWirly do you know what we need to get the game running like habbohotel?

People walk talk site buy furniture ect?

swirly

Reaction score
well actually ive never gotten the chance to play...i couldnt find somwhere to dl or sign up...but idk what we would need...hmm full version of gamemaker, or rpg maker, a full version of libertybasic....there could be some possibilites....

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
We need some one who knows how to use Flah Director MX and knows Python and um the other thing to make a server thing.

lambada

Reaction score
Unfortunately not, but I would be more than happy to help you with your security side of things and testing.

Ohwell looks like i've been roped into it ;)

Name: Samuel Walker
e-mail: samuel@fssc.freeserve.co.uk
Job wnated: Ehh... Security / testing
Experience: heh lots of time with HabboHotel and looking at the packets sent & recieved.
1wks work experience as network admin, BASIC, C++, HTML, PHP
Why you should get job: I am a highly self-motivated, dedicated individual who loves tinkering with computers, and how things on computers work. I have reported several security vulnerabilites to websites, who alas only increased security minimally. I have lots of time at weekends (Well, once i've done all my coursework)... speaking ofwhich I should be doing it now...... oops.
Currently Involved in: Making http://samwal.x10hosting.com fully database driven and with an easy to use custom made administration script for a friend. School, and Trying to redo my C++ project after I lost it while having to reinstall Windows because I messed up Ubuntu install (it was only a small banking system, but I really worked hard on it)

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Your hired, but this project is never gonna happen unless we find some one who can do The Flash Director stuff.

noerrorsfound

Reaction score
You can try posting this somewhere like gamedev to recruit team members. But of course, as with any project, you're probably going to need to have something done first and show people a demo. Are you even going to do anything by yourself on this project?

Last edited:

SEÑOR

The Guy Everyone Hates
Reaction score
Alright thanks, so heres hte jobs needed:

At least 3 Programmers: 1 for the server, and 2 for the client (or 1 for the client, one for the tools, such as plug-ins for the artists, a world editor, etc.). Having up to 6 programmers is good, more than 6 might be too much. It really depends on your leadership abilities.

At the very least 1 artist, but preferably 2 or 3. If it's a 3D game you will need a 3D artist, a 2D artist (textures, interface, etc.), an animator, and an art department leader. Unless you are a good artist, the art department needs to be kept together and coordinated by an experienced artist.

A few world builders: Building all your maps is a very long process, and it's critical to the game's success. Again, you will need a leader for the world building department. You can't just have anyone making whatever the hell they want since your world design should be consistent.

A webmaster is a must, unless you are really good at web design, and are willing to spend your time making a website. Having a sound and musician is not required, but a game with sound and music can be more enjoyable than a game without it.
A designer of the game's economy. You might think that this is easy, and you can do it all yourself, but in fact it is one of the most complicated things. If your economy is poorly designed (i.e. items not properly balanced, resources put randomly on the maps, etc.) the players will get bored/frustrated and will quit. We had a big problem in one of our early stages, especially because the economy was mainly made by me (a programmer), and it wasn't properly planned. So it took us about 2 months to rethink and re-implement an entire new economy system. This also required a total elimination of the items. Let me tell you, players are usually unhappy when you delete all their items. Fortunately, most of our players agreed with the idea, but it was still frustrating to spend so many hours arguing, compromising, explaining, and, in general, wasting time. But more on the economy later.

Status
Not open for further replies.