RESOURCE LIMIT HIT...what now?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalany201011

Reaction score
What now is this http://x10powered.com/errors/limited.shtml ?

For the past 3 days I have had 2 days of downtime on my website. The latest of which is concerning a 'Resource Limit Hit' x10 message screen. I know that x10 hosting is a free service but guys do you have to deliberately cause downtime with people's websites this much to get them to upgrade to your paid service? It's ridiculous now as I'm losing many guests to my website forum.

I had considered upgrading to your paid hosting but owing to the lack of replies of why your free hosting is having so many errors and now this latest 'Resource Hit Limit' Error I'm having many many doubts it would be a good idea and am now looking at alternative paid hosting services.

Why would I even reach a resource Limit hit? My website receives relatively low web traffic and has few complicated scripts.

Regards

A very concerned and disappointed potential x10 hosting paid customer!

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
What now is this http://x10powered.com/errors/limited.shtml ?

For the past 3 days I have had 2 days of downtime on my website. The latest of which is concerning a 'Resource Limit Hit' x10 message screen. I know that x10 hosting is a free service but guys do you have to deliberately cause downtime with people's websites this much to get them to upgrade to your paid service? It's ridiculous now as I'm losing many guests to my website forum.

I had considered upgrading to your paid hosting but owing to the lack of replies of why your free hosting is having so many errors and now this latest 'Resource Hit Limit' Error I'm having many many doubts it would be a good idea and am now looking at alternative paid hosting services.

Why would I even reach a resource Limit hit? My website receives relatively low web traffic and has few complicated scripts.

Regards

A very concerned and disappointed potential x10 hosting paid customer!

Read http://x10hosting.com/forums/news-announcements/168641-hru-high-resource-usage-policy-change.html

lalany201011

Reaction score
Thanks. I'll be considering alternatives to x10 free (then paid) hosting provider then. My website is extremely low web traffic (it's a very simple SMF forum) and should not be having this hit limit so soon. Something is amiss here.

Regards

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Traffic doesn't have anything to do with CPU resource limits of the server. There is a script on your site that is causing the limit to be hit. You can still login to your cPanel and see if you can fix or eliminate whatever is causing this.

lalany201011

Reaction score
okay..I'll take a look.

Thank you for your reply.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Hi,

Tonight I spent 6 hours upgrading my SMF forum to the latest version and deleting all mods/scripts running on the site. I have had less than 3 visitors to my site all night and yet I'm still hitting the resource limit? Any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Status
Not open for further replies.