Review my site for some heavy credits :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oracle

Reaction score

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
All I see is a coming soon message, but the site looks good theme wise :)

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
That's all I see, too. Hard to really review a " Releasing this summer....." message on blue and white :0.

oracle

Reaction score
I think Corey is moving my site to new server, it has to do with it......please chk back in a while....shd be soon back.......

I already changed my index file.........so no point as to why we shdnt see the new index page....

Anyways I too doesnt see my new index page :(

Please chk back in a while.

Try now, I am able to see from here now.... :)

Try now, atleast one shd work.....1st point to index file prior to server move and the other to new index....depending upon status of move, u shd see the main page through one of the links :)

Last edited:

konekt

Reaction score
First off: really cool program there.

Now for the site: the first thing that really annoyed me was the auto-complete in the search; I don't think it is a good idea to have it fill in the field the user is hovering over because they could do that on accident (as I did multiple times before I realized what was going on). I would change it to "fill on click".

The theme of the site is on the right track: you chose a few well-fitting colors, and stuck to them. However, it feels a little basic and uninspired. I would start by doing the basic center column site like this: http://www.imeem.com/

I would also make the logo a little more then just text and throw in some borders around your announcements (you can see this in the site I linked). I would also place the player on a separate page to give the website a little more order: explanation and announcements on one page, actual product on another.

I would, furthermore, put login fields on your banner along with the login and register links.

The rest is really just a question of style; I would simply just try to go for something a little more robust to feature such a cool product.

tondopie

Reaction score
That's a nice site you've got there, a nice clean theme, with a nice player, and great content. I think I will join your site because you have guitar tabs.

LHVWB

Reaction score
Your site looks okay, like konekt said it is a little too bland and boring, one kinda annoying thing that I noticed was that your search bar, when you click on it, you have to type a letter for it to remove the automatic search message "Search for your Artists and Movies ...", it should say that when nothing is typed in there, but when a user clicks on the search bar it should automatically make the field blank, instead of just selecting every bit of text which is in the field currently.

oracle

Reaction score
@konekt

Well i mimicked the Google's auto suggest thing, and i just noticed they dont fill the form when u hover over the texts.......Will be updated for sure by morrow, i agree this can be annoying.

Regarding site, i will say that its just a beginning and will soon catch up with things. Just stick to it for a while and i m sure i will bring thungs up to the level.....

Regarding putting player in different page....well i guess this can be annoying to some users actually.....so may be depending upon feedback we can handle this accordingly....

Finally, I am not a designer but any chance, hence the design is quite simple....May be by next version things will be more flashy like imeem :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@tondopie

Hi, I myself am a guitarist and hence i put those things up for you guyss :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@verbsite

As i said above will be fixed up :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@BorderLineSigs

As i said , i m not a designer but surely will try to find some more cool template

Overall thanks for the review :)

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
Finally I'm seeing it... very nice and simple design. The main problem would be that auto-correct search feature. It's not that it is there, but that after a single letter is typed the first suggestion takes over the text box. If all the suggestions were just in the dropdown menu, that would be fine, but the fact that they don't give you a chance to even type your own search if you want to is very user unfriendly.

oracle

Reaction score
Hey ThePaintGuru,

As I wrote before, thats something i didnt noticed

Will be fixed by morrow :)

daman371

Reaction score
Looks good. The pandora and mediaplayer links just send me to the same place. I notice it doesn't have some artists but I guess that is in the works.

oracle

Reaction score
Thanx Daman for your review.......

I will be awarding some credits to all people who have reviewed before u and including you....

I m in full mood of giving away my credits :)

oracle

Reaction score
May be you tried when i was moving to new servers....try now.....

else just paste this in reverse order in ur url:

moc.senutretla

thats the website in reverse order....

sorry for such an order, i just wanted to save it from google and other searches right now

Daniel S

Reaction score
The site looks simple but is very nice and the music player is good the way it has all the options.

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
I like how it says 'xhits'

The marquee is annoying though (in the music player window). I would get rid of the marquee.

Also: you should do something so that the various resolutions don't get screwed up in widescreen. I have a wide screen monitor and everything is really spaced out. My suggestion would be to make a table x wide (960 pixels?) and throw everything into it.

Other than that, everything looks great!

oracle

Reaction score
Thanx a lot boss.....actually marquuee is at time important if you want to know wat songs on the list currently and also for songs with enbedded images, u will get an images on left side of marquee region

Status
Not open for further replies.