Review my site...

vol7ron

Reaction score
I like, but I think your banner image looks a little blurry though.

LHVWB

Reaction score
It looks very nice, but there are some css and html errors, when I check your website with the w3.org checker. Apart from that it probably just needs a bit more content.
7/10

rockee

Reaction score
Hello Alex,

I concur with the previous posters but would like to add a couple of points worth considering.

Rounded corners look good if all your boxes have rounded corners, as the mix looks somewhat half finished - I read a post on these forums the other day about rounded corners, which prompted me to do a Google on the subject to find out if there were any new techniques, I found a very nifty CSS method that did not use images for the corners and might be worth experimenting with , as I believe Joomla makes much use of CSS.

The Google search I used.

The no image CSS method from Nifty Corners.

The PayPal information may look better if you added a line break <br> after each sentence to break up the paragraph and make it easier to read.

This, I find, is a common fault on sites (and forums) that try and include as much information in as small a space as possible, which in effect defeats the object of providing this information in the first place if it it hard to read - visitors will just skip over it.

A web site is not like the printed equivalent, which has defined sentence/paragraph standards, but more emphasis is placed on displaying your information in such a manner that it can be easily read at a glance or by speed reading - visitors are usually in a hurry and will leave or simply skip reading anything that takes more than a couple of seconds to scan.

In your PayPal info you could also include the buyer protection offered by PayPal, which can often sway a doubter into pressing the buttons or even a link to the PayPal page that displays that info.

Overall, the site looks good and with a little tweaking will reflect the quality and professionalism you wish to portray - incidentally this tweaking is a never ending chore when trying to achieve perfection. :)

I did not progress from your index page as my time for reviewing is limited.

I wish you good luck and success in your e-business web site venture, a most rewarding experience, in particular if you can have your site show on the first page of a keyword search using current and effective SEO - another major subject entirely.

My tip here is to register at the Google web site, login and find the WebMaster Tools which will help with having the correct XML SiteMap, also a verification code meta tag to add to the head section of your index page - Google looks for both, as well as a functional robots.txt file, when it spiders your site and they will give you feedback if things are not quite right.

Regards,
Rocky

krissyj

Reaction score
I like it-it looks very professional. But I personally think that the 'Latest Products' section should be rotating images rather than scrolling.

Very excellent site =)

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
Wow thanks for all the reviews, really helpful, especially yours Rockee, really detailed and very useful. Thanks

Have given you some credits for your time, Rockee.

Alex

Last edited:

rockee

Reaction score
Alex,
Thanks very much for the credits, quite a surprise and much appreciated.

The very best of luck with your e-venture.

Kindest regards,
Rocky

theafterthought

Reaction score
Just a VERY quick review here...

I would suggest aligning everything a little more strictly - for instance the featured products on the home page need to be aligned so that the 'Add to Cart' buttons are all at the same height on the page.

On product pages where one product is displayed beneath another, you could do with a horizontal rule to just divide them up - all the products seem to be lumped together as they are.

Also, you have links at the bottom to say the page is valid XHTML and CSS, but there are errors in both when running the w3 checker (for XHTML, a few of the tags are not closed and instead of using "&" use "&amp;" as this is the XHTML standard.

Those are some things I feel could be changed, but all in all you have a great, functionable site there! Nice work

sunils

Reaction score
Its a good design. Did you use any cms? You have provided the font changing option which is a good feature to be included. i would give a 7/10 for it.

tittat

Reaction score
neat and nice.i love it.I love that AAA at the topmost site of your site.Its for changing the size of text.But how did you do that?
Can you post here the code for that.

componentwarehouse

Reaction score
neat and nice.i love it.I love that AAA at the topmost site of your site.Its for changing the size of text.But how did you do that?
Can you post here the code for that.

You can use a code like the one here:

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?t=36474

I forgot the page where I found the entire code for the 3 As, but that one is fairly similar. I dont take any credit for that, it was almost a straight copy/paste so...

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
You've got a logical layout, very sleek. I like the colours, grey and blue and white compliment each other. You've clearly put a lot of though into your organisation to help your users.

problems:
* Your pages aren't valid XHTML
* Your CSS is invalid

suggestions:
* Round the footer corners
* Make reflection at the bottom of the site darker
* Make custom buttons for add to cart, don't use ugly system ones
* At the bottom of the site in the footer, replace \| with \ to remove clutter
* Round the corners of the 'Categories' title on the left

gayaniw

Reaction score
if that was ma site, i would not show the products in the index page..... i would provide some attractive information about the company and the benefits which the consumers would get. and just give a link to ya product page.

cheers