Review my Website, please.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
There's no "there" there. I mean, it's a nice-enough looking forum and everything seems to work and all, but it doesn't have any content or direction. It needs to be seeded. You need some sort of "about" page to let people know what kind of community and focus you're trying to achieve. The name/URL alone doesn't offer a whole lot of help; anything vaguely techie or time-related would seem, on the face of it, to fit. Perhaps it's about electronic watches?

Like any forum, the community you create will eventually take over and decide what it wants. You get your one shot at determining a general direction at launch. Without your seed content, all you can ever hope to do is to delete things until someone guesses right.

interne3

Reaction score
Well, TechTime Forums is not based on just one aspect of technology. It's technology in general, and anything about technology. Right now, I haven't got much content as I am trying to get the forum actually started more than content.

Zenax

Reaction score
First things first, I would like to say that I like the very clean cut style of the website. It has a nice set of colours with it, and I like how it has been built using Bootstrap, which should make it mobile friendly (haven't tested that yet, perhaps I will later). Everything loads fast, and well, no errors produced, with every page loading where it should.

I have to agree with Essellar though, I feel you need some sort of welcome message on the main front page. This is important, as it helps the visitor to gain a perspective of what the website is all about. I would also add in extra content yourself, start filling out different posts with various news articles about technology perhaps. As the community grows, the content will grow with it, but you need that beginning content to help entice visitors into the website. If i came to the website and saw nothing of interest, I would leave and find somewhere that did have what I needed, so content is a very important part of building a successful forum/website.

Other than that, great looking site, loads fast. Keep up the great work!

interne3

Reaction score
Thanks for the reviews, guys! They really helped me find how to get this website really running. I have more stuff to do than I can take, right now, so I'm getting volunteers to help me out.