Script Install Service

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
I've noticed recently there are alot of people around who find it difficult or hard to install scripts such as IPB or PHPBB and vbullitin esspecialy the updated vertions that arnt included in fantastico.
Would it ever be posible for a group of repected members or admins to becombe a free or points payed install service. Maybe 10 points to install a mod and 5 points to install a a CMS.
Its just corey is posted in the new prices for the new year that X10 do not take any responsobility for installing scripts or managing you're website. and lots of people ask for others to help installing cms and forum scripts in the marketplace.
Maybe with a secure member group installing the services it would be safer than giving some one els you're password to install if for you which i belive is against the TOS last time i read them anyway.

-Just and idea Trev

B

Brandon

Well I could install a CMS and scripts but like you said they might trust a mod or something more.

P.S. This is the wrong forum for this thread it should be suggestions.

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
Well yeh posibly in suggestions sorry if it is in the wrong section.But at least someone agrees with the basic idea of it a more trustworthy source to install scripts.

Maurice

Reaction score
Or just have allot of posts, rather then you have 10 posts and then ask for someones password to install it.

Akkarin

Reaction score
Moved to Feedback & Suggestions.

I think that's a good idea. I think it would be better for points :p. It would be better if there was an official like team rather than just random members who are willing to do it.

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
Now i just need corey to take a look at this and see what he thinks!

Cynical

Reaction score
I think it's an excellent idea. It is also a good idea to charge points for installations and upgrades.

Rising

Reaction score
maybe people could apply for a position on the team, have 2-4 members on it?

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
Rising said:
maybe people could apply for a position on the team, have 2-4 members on it?

Well it would have to be okayed first. I'm glad people who read this like my idea but it is going to need to be okayed by corey to see if it could be an offical thing.

I Can Install:
IPB (all vertions but only legal ones)
PHPBB (all vertions)

I Can Mod:
IPB (all vertions)
PHPB (all vertions)

May be if it was ok by corey a gorup of say 4 people who are cleared by the admin could have access to a forum like the staff applications, called Script Install Service or something. Were who ever needs something could post asking for help then one of the team could reply and once payed would set to installing the scritpt?

Something like this
Code:
[b]Name:
Script/Mod Needed To Be Instaled:
Download Link If Posible:[/b]

Either the user could post there password or maybe corey could find a way we could do it without there password?

-Trev

B

Brandon

How about making a new title for staff members Script Installers.

Rising

Reaction score
i cant install anything, unless its from fantastico lol... im such a newb

Woolie

Reaction score
I think it's an idea that would need loyal members. As in, Corey needs to know he can trust members with other members passwords. It would be good if WHM allowed you to access phpMyAdmin without loging in with the users password.

trev

Prime Account
Reaction score
Admin_Woolie said:
I think it's an idea that would need loyal members. As in, Corey needs to know he can trust members with other members passwords. It would be good if WHM allowed you to access phpMyAdmin without loging in with the users password.

This is why it would be such a good resource for members becuase they know the poeple on this team could be trusted.