See my PC Screen... in realtime!

lambada

Reaction score
http://samuelspc.hobby-site.com:8528

Providing my PC is turned on, you can see what I can see.

It's similar to streaming a webcam, but it streams your PC screen instead (incidentally this also has an option to stream audio and a webcam aswell, although I haven't actually got that to work yet *shrugs*

If your interested in which program I use (I know it's branded at the top, its called ScreenStream - a quick google should find it. You want the fourth link down http://www.nchsoftware.com/screen/index.html

Just on a side note, don't attempt to see your own screen on your own PC as it creates a nice little infinite loop which can slow down your PC dreadfully.

If you want help setting it up just ask (through my own stupidity I think I ended up with just about every problem under the sun :p)

Let me know what you think.

lambada

EDIT: If it can't connect then my PC is turned off, if it asks for an access code then i'm doing some private things on my PC, if it lets you view it then watch till your hearts content.

I reserve the right to withdraw this at any time including but not limited to my PC being turned off, compiling a password list (which I wouldn't do anyway), or having private material on the screen (I refuse to define Private Material).

Last edited:

lambada

Reaction score
Thanks StarShine, you can also make it private by adding an access code so only certain people can view it.

lambada

Reaction score
Why would I add an IRC / communication module when a)It's only meant to stream your desktop, and 2) I didn't make this program.

I probably could make an inferior version - but it's been ages since I last used any programming language.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
So how do i add this thing to a web host instead of my computer..

lambada

Reaction score
@Derek i'm not sure what you mean.
As web servers generally aren't on windows and generally don't have a graphics output you can't install this.

If you mean get a domain name, then use a dynamic dns site like dyndns.com or no-ip.com to point your domain name to your external IP address. If you have a router you'll need to port forward on that.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
So you host the thing on your computer 24/7? I got it working on a server of mine.. But how did you change the port..

lambada

Reaction score
In the options panel click on the routing tab and change the port number.

Well its on when my PC's on and when i'm not looking at anything private - we all have secrets ;)

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Hah that is too cool; I just recommend that you uninstall some Firefox extensions that take up a good chunk of resources. Particularly the weather extension; you can look outside and figure out the weather yourself :p

lambada

Reaction score
Heh - I can never be bothered to watch the forecast though

IN total I actually have 16 extensions!

lambada

Reaction score
Hard to go on if I was asleep :p Seeing as it was like 7:50 in the morning.

Last edited: