Selling game script for 1,000 credits.

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I am selling this ready-to-go game script that has 3 parts to make it even easier to use. I have rights to selling this seeing how he released this for FREE on a different website. I recently asked him If I could release it again for a price on here and he said it was O.K. as long as it was not for real cash.

Info:

Aphelion Trigger is a PBBG combining elements from strategy, simulation, and role playing games, and might be best thought of as a 3/4X game. It is completed to a relatively feature-rich and functional degree, but never reached the end of its lifecycle as initially envisioned. Nevertheless, there is a lot of instructional value in the code base, though if you’re looking for a "script" to alter for your game, the Aphelion Trigger rules and universe are probably too specific to the original concept to be commandeered for rebranding without a lot of effort.

Aphelion Trigger is written in C#, ASP.NET 2.0, and utilizes Rockford Lhotka's Csla.NET framework. Aphelion Trigger itself is divided into three separate projects. First, the web front-end. Second, the business logic and data tier. And third, the Windows services. Additionally, if you want to compile or are simply curious about the base classes I inherit, you’ll need to download the aforementioned Csla. Needless to say, a decent understanding of OO design will be helpful when reviewing the code.

The database itself is the one element I'm not uploading here unless specifically requested, for the simple fact that I am not willing to construct a generation script unbidden. For reference, though, Aphelion Trigger uses a SQL Server database, with heavy reliance on stored procedures.

Functions:
Membership
Forum
Private Messages
Guilds
Unit Management
Technology/Research
Ranking
Combat (capture and convert enemy units, steal credits, deplete turns, and other unique actions)
Faction Membership/Leadership
Automatic Unit Depletion/Repopulation
Full Administrative Backend
Activity Logs
Espionage
Game Guide CMS
Level Advancement

Price:
1,000 credits

Other:
PM me if you would like another game script from me and I will most likely be able to sell you a basic one :]

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Well, the official website is down at the moement so I can not provide any screen shots :/

Official Website: http://www.apheliontrigger.com/Portal/Home.aspx

Here is a review from a different website:

Aphelion Trigger is a Persistent, Browser-Based Text Game combining elements from strategy, simulation, and role playing games in order to tell a transhumanist story about the conflicts and journeys of humanity. You play the leader of one of many Houses on the planet Terra Nova, competing with other players in a massive multiplayer online gameworld where you will use a varied arsenal of tactics to become the most successful statesman and figurehead of your people. Play is free and occurs entirely in your browser, so because there isn't any software to download, you can play anytime, anywhere. Aphelion Trigger can be treated as a "coffee-break" game or a meticulous tactical obsession – the game is designed to balance online and offline play, allowing both strategies to prove sucessful. Your progress in Aphelion Trigger is persistant. You gain and loose miltary, resources, technology, wealth, etc. but you also improve the abilities of your house, gain experience, and collectively contribute to the development of your associated guild and faction.

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
the site dont work

I know, I just stated that right before I posted link xS Maybe try reading all of the post next time. I can however contact him to give anyone direct help from him and I will ask him for some screen shots later.

So far I have one person willing to buy this script.

Last edited:

Jesse

Reaction score
maybe you could set it up on your own site for temporary and show it with us?

frznmnky

Reaction score
i might be willing to buy this script but i need to see some demo first!

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Alrighty, Starshine has purchased this. I will give it to him/her once he/she is online again. :] If anyone chooses to buy this too then go ahead and PM. I will set it up (if I have the time) or get the owner of it to see what is up with his website.

Last edited:

frznmnky

Reaction score
maybe starshine can put that script up so i can see how it works!!

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Looks very good,

Starshine can you put up some screenshots?

Starshine isn't online yet. Starshine said that he/she would be on and off today. He/she will set it up hopefully. So, you all will be able to see a demo version of it. I do not have the time to be doign a demo of this. I have sent the owner a message asking why his site is down and I haven't had any luck getting a reply from him just yet.

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I'm interested ! Please give us a demo ;)

Looks very good,

Starshine can you put up some screenshots?

Starshine has the script already and wants to buy the other 2 scripts I have up for bidding in my other thread. Starshine just needs to set it up ans he can share a demo if he chooses to. But think about it. Why would he want the other 2 scripts I have? Well, because he liked the one he bought. Either that or he just wants to have them... :p

Dan

Reaction score
Did you say it's up on another site for free....?

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
Did you say it's up on another site for free....?

He had, a while back. I then contacted him through a forum I go on and asked him for it, because I had a part in it (graphics) and he said ok and gave it to me with ownership.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm willing to buy it, but theres one main question I just have to ask:

Will this run on X10 Paid?

If that's yes then lemme know how this'll play out (I figure send the 1000c, that's the easy part, I'm more figuring out how to download it from ya :) ). I'm just not moving my hosting off of x10 cause I'm stubborn :)

Bonus question: Can we mod the living daylights out of it if we can figure out how? Won't change my mind if we can't, just a bonus if we can :)

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I'm willing to buy it, but theres one main question I just have to ask:

Will this run on X10 Paid?

If that's yes then lemme know how this'll play out (I figure send the 1000c, that's the easy part, I'm more figuring out how to download it from ya :) ). I'm just not moving my hosting off of x10 cause I'm stubborn :)

Bonus question: Can we mod the living daylights out of it if we can figure out how? Won't change my mind if we can't, just a bonus if we can :)

It is for any server, because it is is written in PHP. By moding you mean by editing the files? If so. then it is allowed as long as you do not take credit for the game core itself. I will upload it to a certain spot and delete it once you have downloaded it. For reseller rights you must buy it for another 1000 credits.