Selling game script for 1,000 credits.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
1000c paid :)

Not worried about reselling, and I'm not the kind to take credit for the game. Just wanted to know if it was safe to make a few changes to make it more personal, and it sounds like that's ok :)

I'm gunna be up until at least 2-3am (it's 10:32pm here), I'll check back in a bit for more directions (probably by PM since you don't wanna post the download publically :) ). If I happen to miss it, dun worry I'll be back sometime around noon, I work 8pm-12:30am tomorrow so I'll make sure to check before then at the very least :)

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
1000c paid :)

Not worried about reselling, and I'm not the kind to take credit for the game. Just wanted to know if it was safe to make a few changes to make it more personal, and it sounds like that's ok :)

I'm gunna be up until at least 2-3am (it's 10:32pm here), I'll check back in a bit for more directions (probably by PM since you don't wanna post the download publically :) ). If I happen to miss it, dun worry I'll be back sometime around noon, I work 8pm-12:30am tomorrow so I'll make sure to check before then at the very least :)

I ended up going to bed right after I messaged you. I checked back and I messaged you again. :] It is ok to personalize the game as much as you want as long as credit is still there. Also, I thought this was the PHP one, but it has other files. It still should work, because Starshine (who is a moderator here) has not asked for any help or complained about it at all.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
No worries, I plan on installing it in a bit (gotta finish waking up, slept for absolute crap last night and I can't figure out why) to see if it still runs on x10.

Regardless I'm keeping it, just means whether or not I need to mess with trying to make my pc a webserver for it :)

Dun worry about the whole going to bed thing, I have probably the strangest set of hours you'll ever find of any user (changes practically on a day-to-day basis) :)

Thanks! (already downloaded and dumped onto 2 flash drives and 4 cd's so I don't lose it) :)

Sohail

Reaction score
Can i see a working example of your script please?

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Can i see a working example of your script please?

I'm working on that >_<

Course it's aspx so I've no clue what the fark I'm doing - by chance are there install directions somewhere so I don't magically crash X10's paid servers? :S

Edit: Here's the error it's giving, no clue why or how to fix:

Code:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Unrecognized attribute. (/home/ZZZRRRTTTTT/AphelionTrigger.Web/web.config line 4)
  at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigurationData.ThrowException (System.String text, System.Xml.XmlTextReader reader) [0x00000] 
  at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigurationData.ReadSectionGroup (System.Xml.XmlTextReader reader, System.String configSection) [0x00000] 
  at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigurationData.ReadSections (System.Xml.XmlTextReader reader, System.String configSection) [0x00000] 
  at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigurationData.ReadConfig (System.Xml.XmlTextReader reader, Boolean isLocation) [0x00000] 
  at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigurationData.LoadFromFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000]

ZZZRRRTTTTT's obviously not where it's stored, just censoring that part since it had my cpanel name in there :)

Aaaand line 4:

Code:
<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=censored?">

Censored the publickeytoken cause I have no clue what it is and whether it's bad to have it exposed.

I might end up taking a nap somewhere in here (slept bad last night, can't figure out why), in any case I'll be back before 6pm CDT, and work from 8-12:30, so chances are next time I'm on it'll be too late to fix it today >_<

No worries though, I'm pretty sure it's idiot error on my part cause I've no clue how to install asp stuff (haven't ever had to really work with it, dropped out of that course in college)

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I'm working on that >_<

Course it's aspx so I've no clue what the fark I'm doing - by chance are there install directions somewhere so I don't magically crash X10's paid servers? :S

Edit: Here's the error it's giving, no clue why or how to fix:

Code:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationException: Unrecognized attribute. (/home/ZZZRRRTTTTT/AphelionTrigger.Web/web.config line 4)
  at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigurationData.ThrowException (System.String text, System.Xml.XmlTextReader reader) [0x00000] 
  at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigurationData.ReadSectionGroup (System.Xml.XmlTextReader reader, System.String configSection) [0x00000] 
  at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigurationData.ReadSections (System.Xml.XmlTextReader reader, System.String configSection) [0x00000] 
  at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigurationData.ReadConfig (System.Xml.XmlTextReader reader, Boolean isLocation) [0x00000] 
  at System.Web.Configuration.ConfigurationData.LoadFromFile (System.String fileName) [0x00000]
ZZZRRRTTTTT's obviously not where it's stored, just censoring that part since it had my cpanel name in there :)

Aaaand line 4:

Code:
<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=censored?">
Censored the publickeytoken cause I have no clue what it is and whether it's bad to have it exposed.

I might end up taking a nap somewhere in here (slept bad last night, can't figure out why), in any case I'll be back before 6pm CDT, and work from 8-12:30, so chances are next time I'm on it'll be too late to fix it today >_<

No worries though, I'm pretty sure it's idiot error on my part cause I've no clue how to install asp stuff (haven't ever had to really work with it, dropped out of that course in college)

I think Starshine got it up, because he hasn't asked for any help at all. I also PMed you with what I am offering if that game script doesn't work for you.

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I have. I haven't asked for help, because I haven't worked on it yet. Between helping out here on x10, having personal matters and school related matters ( one class just ended back on Monday, new class started on Tuesday ) ... and going on vacation this weekend, I haven't had much chance to sit down to see how to install anything. *laughs*

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I wouldn't say I have. I haven't asked for help, because I haven't worked on it yet. Between helping out here on x10, having personal matters and school related matters ( one class just ended back on Monday, new class started on Tuesday ) ... and going on vacation this weekend, I haven't had much chance to sit down to see how to install anything. *laughs*

LOL! xD Busy person as I can see (well read from text). Well, if you ever have a problem with this script like livewire is then I can also change our offer for the other 2 scripts less costly for you. :]

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
LOL! xD Busy person as I can see (well read from text). Well, if you ever have a problem with this script like livewire is then I can also change our offer for the other 2 scripts less costly for you. :]

That's coo, it's gunna be interesting trying to fix this in any case cause I've never used ASP before :)

Gunna throw an FTP access at a buddy or two and see what they can do with it; they paid attention during the ASP class so maybe they can figure it out, lol.

Lemme know whenever you've got one of the demos up for one of the other games though, I'll throw more credits around (this one's obviously in one piece, it just might not work on x10 - might be able to get it to run locally, could just toy with the settings and make it a LAN party game if I manage to speed things up a tad :) )

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
That's coo, it's gunna be interesting trying to fix this in any case cause I've never used ASP before :)

Gunna throw an FTP access at a buddy or two and see what they can do with it; they paid attention during the ASP class so maybe they can figure it out, lol.

Lemme know whenever you've got one of the demos up for one of the other games though, I'll throw more credits around (this one's obviously in one piece, it just might not work on x10 - might be able to get it to run locally, could just toy with the settings and make it a LAN party game if I manage to speed things up a tad :) )

I didn't even know that was ASP. LAN gaming is always the best! xD Well seeing how I do no know much about coding, I have yet to set one of the games up. I will ask one of the owners to help me with it.
Edit:
Ok, I have asked him and he said it is because you did not import the SQL file through the PHPmyadmin. If you have it locally hosted, then you can just import it manually there.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll have to test this more locally than on x10; I'll leave it stuck there for now (paid = no ads so I don't need to worry about that for now).

Fun part'll be getting this PC revamped a bit to support ASP >_<

Still game for any of the PHP based ones once theres demos :) I <3 PHP :p

Edit: Just checked too, there's no file anywhere in what I got in that zip that contains the letters "s q l" in that order with wildcards between them - not sure what sql file I'm missing there or where it was supposed to come from (this is why I hate working with ASP, it makes no sense! :p )

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I'll have to test this more locally than on x10; I'll leave it stuck there for now (paid = no ads so I don't need to worry about that for now).

Fun part'll be getting this PC revamped a bit to support ASP >_<

Still game for any of the PHP based ones once theres demos :) I <3 PHP :p

Edit: Just checked too, there's no file anywhere in what I got in that zip that contains the letters "s q l" in that order with wildcards between them - not sure what sql file I'm missing there or where it was supposed to come from (this is why I hate working with ASP, it makes no sense! :p )

: O I asked the wrong guy xS I asked him about the other script i had...oh well, still if you cant seem to get it working then I have other scripts that are fully PHP. I uploaded the files for a demo, but need to import the SQL file. Then, I will show you guys the demo of a different script.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
So you sold a script and you don't know how to make it work ?

The script looks like it should be plug-n-play; I'm betting it's not working because X10 isn't a windows server with full asp support.

Threw it at a few buddies of mine to see what they can do with it - I'm sure it works, it just won't work on x10 from what I can tell.

ASPX.King

Reaction score
if it has .aspx or .asp files it will NOT work on x10. x10 only does PHP, not ASP or ASP.Net

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
if it has .aspx or .asp files it will NOT work on x10. x10 only does PHP, not ASP or ASP.Net

Wow, you bumped a really old thread of mine. Well, I'm not sure where I have this script at, but I know I have it somewhere.

Aphelion Trigger is written in C#, ASP.NET 2.0, and utilizes Rockford Lhotka's Csla.NET framework.
It is .asp and it still can be used on paid hosting and earn them their money back and possibly more (if they know how to run a browser-based game properly).

Last edited:

ASPX.King

Reaction score
whoops... i forgot to look at the date! sorry... if i'd known the date i wouldn't have posted... i followed a link in your sig to get here, so i automatically assumed it was recent...

is this still for sale, and is there a demo now?

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
I just left in my sig for those who have been looking for a game like this. And, no I am sorry no demo is up, because I don't have a service that has .asp on. I believe a friend of mine still has this on a website of his. I will find out right now. Yes, this is still for sell at the same price. I see you don't have 1,000 credits, but I am willing to be offered a different way of "buying" the script without money.

Last edited:

ASPX.King

Reaction score
um... the only thing i have is time, i make websites, some graphic design, and windows sidebar gadgets... and eventually i hope to have 1000 credits.

i have a server already with asp.net, it's my programming language of choice

maybe i'll come back later, unless you need something i can do...

EDIT what on earth? my credits just went up by 1000!

EDIT2: oh, that's why... i got them from Brandon for making the online and offline images for the servers in that one post... cool
i'm going to re-read that description you had

Last edited:

Soki

Banned
Reaction score
My friend said:
I took it down months ago.
So, I don't have a working demo.

EDIT what on earth? my credits just went up by 1000!

EDIT2: oh, that's why... i got them from Brandon for making the online and offline images for the servers in that one post... cool
i'm going to re-read that description you had

Reply on your "edit": Alright. I have to go for now, but if you are interested in this, then go ahead pay the credits and tomorrow I can give you the link to my website to download it from. I am a trusted member here at x10hosting. I'd be stupid to sell game scripts to staff of this site and risk being banned. I have too much to risk anyways. Well, I will be off for now and hope to talk about this more tomorrow.

Last edited: