SEO/PHP question

rickle42

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am using ajax on my site http://santaclaus25.com/
I replace innerHTML with html from PHP. I do not believe this is considered "content" by search engines. So my question is ...
How do I get the generated HTML to be seen as content by search engines?
Also, will search engines notice if I have 2000 words at 1px font-size text-color: white that dont even show up on site? Where do they draw the line?
Could I have 50,000 words? I do not intend to abuse this, just wondering...

Thanks,
JR

Slothie

Reaction score
1. Ajaxed content is still content - Just not SEO-ed very well as the links are calls to your ajax functions
2. Yes they will notice you have 2000 words and they WILL penalize you for it. Its considered as blackhat SEO.

Its one of the main reasons why I do not use AJAX for every single function of my site :p

rickle42

Reaction score
OK, so i just did a google search and realized that the php files ARE showing up as pages. How can I stop direct access to these pages without the nifty tools of x10? My uncle alrdy had this account with the competition is why I used it. Found out how good x10 is though. The host for his site sucks compared to x10, hopefully I can talk him into switching.
I dont want the php to show up in a google search. Would be nice if it was considered part of content for the index.html page....
But anyway, I guess I just need to know how to prevent hot-linking of php files without a nifty tool (the tool only stops hotlinking of images at the other hosting site, whereas x10 lets you decide which extensions to block).

Any help appreciated

Slothie

Reaction score
What pages are being displayed and what DO you want to hide :)

rickle42

Reaction score
This page shows up in a google search:
www.santaclaus25.com/santa1.php?temp=4
I dont want this file to be accessable, its jumbled and incomplete. I only want the file to be used by javascript for ajax, and get "forbidden" message if they try to enter the above link...
Edit:
Well at second look the "jumbled" text is something i could fix i think, but it is still an "incomplete" page

Last edited:

Slothie

Reaction score
Aight, here's how :) If it works for you, head down to my blog and click a few ads :)

What you can do is utilize sessions. You can start by renaming your index.html to index.php and including a session_start() at the top of the page and setting a 'key'. In your php pages, you should check for the key if it exists, and redirect them if it doesn't.

Alternatively you could use robots.txt to prevent google from indexing your php pages :)