says
Error establishing a database connection

so when i go to MySQL® DatabasesMySQL® Database Wizard
phpMyAdmin
Remote MySQL
PostgreSQL Databases
PostgreSQL Database Wizard
phpPgAdmin

it says The MySQL® server is currently offline.

I have read that we have to wait changes, and im fine and agree with that, but i have two cuestions:

1-AT THE END OF THIS PROCESS DO I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING IN ORDER TO PUT MY SITE UP, OR THE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING?

2-AND HOW WILL WE KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IS OK?

Thank you very much in advance (SORRY ABOUT MY ENGLISH)

hgsuppor

Reaction score
Can we get an update? My site has been down for over 3 days, and I really need to get on it. I'm running out of time

I don't know why there was no announcement that this would be happening so people could prepare

Last edited:

giux10mx

Reaction score
...and me can't upload or modify any file in my ftp account. Always when i try do this i receive the message "Access failed: 552 Disk full - please upload later", however, i just use 10 mb or less in my account.
Other case is my access in cpanel, i can't access my panel no one way. I wanted make a db backup, at least, but it's impossible.

Now I hope the server re-works again...

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
still getting the General error

Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2) [2002]

please hurry up and resolve :/

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
If you are receiving a 552 Disk Full error, this means that the storage systems are currently experiencing a few minor issues (due to the moves). This does not mean you have gone over your account limit, but rather the server's partition itself has reached capacity. This is not a permanent issue, but rather means that an administrator (or staff with server access) will need to resolve an issue.

If you are receiving a MySQL error, please be patient. The server moves are still in progress, and therefore some services may go temporarily offline.

We appreciate your patience during this maintenance, and hope you understand that these moves should increase the performance of our free hosting service.

1-AT THE END OF THIS PROCESS DO I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING IN ORDER TO PUT MY SITE UP, OR THE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED WITHOUT DOING ANYTHING?
No action should be necessary on your part, and if there is action required then we will post a news/status post about it. :)

2-AND HOW WILL WE KNOW THAT EVERYTHING IS OK?
Our status website will be updated with information. :)

hgsuppor

Reaction score
I have Wordpress on my site, and when you moved my site over, my databases were wiped (so it tried to redirect to my install page). I restored a backup, but then I got this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in XXX

Today the MySQL is down so that is obviously on your end, but was the error I was getting yesterday on my end? Or will it be fixed? I'm asking because I haven't seen anyone else with my exact issue.

EDIT: The status page says that Stoli was already moved. I was on Stoli, and my MySQL is down. You said that the MySQL is down because the sites are still moving...

Last edited:

smallmot

Reaction score
i am glad that the servers have been moved/upgraded however some prior notice would have been nice so we could prepare for downtime.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
EDIT: The status page says that Stoli was already moved. I was on Stoli, and my MySQL is down. You said that the MySQL is down because the sites are still moving...
The files on Stoli have been migrated successfully, but we may still need to tweak Absolut's systems.

spacepir

Reaction score
Ah, so this is why my site is down. I've recently updated our website forum and thought I broke something. :confused: Glad to see I didn't. 8)

This is the image that comes to mind when people talk about server updates:

resized_PJncp2.jpg

I really hope this isn't the case. :tongue:

tsdesigninfo50

Reaction score
I just checked my cPanel and see all is well with my files post move. Just looks like the MySQL is still off-line and I'm going to assume, yes, "still need to tweak Absolute's systems" applies here.

succuba54

Reaction score
I was on Stoli but still cannot connect to my site, I get the error message...

Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL.

savei

Reaction score
Used to be on Starka, am now getting a Database connection error?

Right now, I'm kind of imagining this is what is happening with everyone?
slide_226967_986384_free.jpg

ladyice

Reaction score
I'm on stoli (I think) and I'm getting a "error establishing a database connection" notice. My website operates via wordpress. Is that an error on your side or do I have to do anything about it??

I am/was on starka and I have a wordpress site too. I am getting the same thing. Then all of a sudden I'm getting Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/oneuniquequeen.com/wp-content/themes/itheme2/themify/themify-utils.php on line 681

I wonder if this due to the server change or is this something completely different?

rst101

Reaction score
Hi all, I was on starka and wondered where my beloved site had gone to, I was frantic! It would of been nice to have been notified but we can't complain on a freebie. There seems to be more options in cpanel too.

Anyway those who were on starka should be up and running again now because I am fully functional again, whew:eek:

tsdesigninfo50

Reaction score
I was also on Stoli. I had to dig into my cPanel > file manager and update a temporary index.html file and re-upload. At least for a temporary fix. MySQL is running, but db is empty... ruhro. I'm sure they are copying now.

Last edited:

radio247

Reaction score
With due Respect,
everything was free fine for few hours after server move but now my site is not opening and even my cpanel is also not opening.Is there any service issue still left regarding server move or its just my site? my site is http://radiobeats.x10.mx/
need help to understand.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
less than an hour ago I was able to get on my site...but now I can't. and I can't get on cPanel either :/

Status
Not open for further replies.