Server Status API

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightcon

Reaction score
Hey guy's,

The website I am writing which I intend on hosting with x10 relies heavily on all services working in tandem (for example a database query may or may not result in an email being sent) and accessing the site with one of those services offline is pointless. I was wanting to know if there is currently, or if it would be possible, to take the server status images system that was setup and turn it into some sort of API (using SOAP or something similar, up to you) which would allow me to programatically query the server status, so that if the server is offline I can have my program automatically adjust paramaters to disable features requiring the offline service. Thanks in advance for your help guy's.

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Would something outputting 'true'\'false' be good enough? I can whip something up in a jiffy if that's what you want.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
The current 'backend' account management system is going through a complete overhaul right now. We're working on completely re-designed how accounts, servers, etc are managed behind the scenes. The new system will probably provide some sort of an API for things like this.

For now though, you'll probably need to check if the ports are open/closed, or if you can connect to the service at all. Currently there are not really any other ways to do it besides that. That is what those 'server status images' do right now.

I could provide you with URLs to text files any server's uptime and current load averages, which get updated on a minute interval - if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.